Postal addresses in Gibraltar
The British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar has introduced the postal code GX11 1AA. This is pending the introduction of a postcode system similar to that used in the United Kingdom. This has been under consideration by the Government of Gibraltar since 2006. The postcode is not required for local mail.
The Royal Gibraltar Post Office has divided the territory into fourteen postal zones known as 'walks' or 'districts', each with a number or letter as well as a name, but these are for internal use and not encountered in addresses. They are separate from the Major Residential Areas, used for statistical purposes.
|3||Reclamation South 1|
|7||Reclamation South 2|
|9||Reclamation South 3|
- "Contact Us". Royal Gibraltar Post Office.
- Westmoreland, Ken (5 April 2019). "No Postcode Envy". Gibraltar Panorama.
- "Gibraltar" (PDF). Universal Postal Union. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Government set to introduce post codes". Gibraltar News. 30 June 2006. Archived from the original on 20 October 2006.
- "Gibraltar's Postal Districts". Royal Gibraltar Post Office. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013.
- "Census of Gibraltar 2001" (PDF). Government of Gibraltar. 2001. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 December 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2010.