|Etymology: Natan Memorial|
|Coordinates: 31°39′21″N 34°42′15″E / 31.65583°N 34.70417°E / 31.65583; 34.70417|
|Founded by||HaNoar HaTzioni|
Yad Natan (Hebrew: יַד נָתָן, lit. Memorial for Natan) is a moshav in southern Israel in Hevel Lakhish, near the town of Kiryat Gat. It is part of the Lakhish Regional Council. In 2021 it had a population of 637.
Moshav Yad Natan was founded in 1953 by Jewish immigrants from the Hungarian youth movement HaNoar HaTzioni who survived the Holocaust. It was named after Ottó Komoly (Natan Kohn), a leader of the Zionist movement in Hungary.
Yad Natan was the first moshav affiliated with the Lachish Regional Council. In 1973, the moshav was joined by 24 families from South America. Most of the residents make a living from agriculture. Roses for export, orchards, vegetable farming and poultry-breeding are the primary economic branches.
The moshav was built 800 m (2,600 ft) south and 1 km (0.62 mi) north-east, respectively, of the sites of the Palestinian villages of Bayt 'Affa and Iraq Suwaydan, which were depopulated in 1948. It is on the land of Iraq Suwaydan.
- ^ a b "Regional Statistics". Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 22 February 2023.
- ^ Moshav Yad Natan
- ^ Survey of Israel, map "Hebron" 1:100,000, revision of 1956.
- ^ Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. pp. 86, 109. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.