The moshav was founded in 1950 by Jewish refugees from the island of Djerba in Tunisia as part of the effort to settle the region. Its name is derived from a verse in the Book of Psalms (65:11): "Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly, thou settlest the furrows thereof."
- "Population in the Localities 2019" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- Bitan, Hanna: 1948-1998: Fifty Years of 'Hityashvut': Atlas of Names of Settlements in Israel, Jerusalem 1999, Carta, p.71, ISBN 965-220-423-4 (in Hebrew)
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. p. 92. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.