|Coordinates: 31°39′27″N 34°46′39″E / 31.65750°N 34.77750°E / 31.65750; 34.77750|
|Founded by||Iraqi immigrants|
Menuha (Hebrew: מְנוּחָה) is a moshav in south-central Israel. Located to the north of Kiryat Gat and south of Kiryat Malakhi, it falls under the jurisdiction of Lakhish Regional Council. In 2021 it had a population of 668.
It was founded in 1953 by Jewish refugees to Israel from Kurdistan region of Iraq on land belonging to the Arab Palestinian villages of Summil and Jusayr, both of which were depopulated in the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.
Along with neighboring Nahla, it was named after "Biblical passage "Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to his people Israel ..." (1 Kings 8:56) and for the Menuha VeNahala (Hebrew: מנוחה ונחלה) organization that founded Rehovot. Menuha means "rest" or "ease" in Hebrew.
- ^ a b "Regional Statistics". Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 22 February 2023.
- ^ Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, p. 137, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- ^ Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, p. 118, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- ^ Carta's Official Guide to Israel and Complete Gazetteer to all Sites in the Holy Land. (3rd edition 1993) Jerusalem, Carta, p.323, ISBN 965-220-186-3 (English)