Minamisaku District, Nagano
As of 1 December 2005, the district has an estimated population of 29,263. As of December 2005, the district have two towns and four villages.
District Timeline (post World War II)
- April 1, 1954 - The municipalities of Nozawa, Sakurai, Kishino, Maeyama, and Osawa merged to form the town of Nozawa.
- February 1, 1955 - The villages of Sakae and Umise merged to form the town of Saku.
- August 1, 1955 - The town of Usuda merged with the village of Kirihara to form the town of Usuda.
- August 1, 1956 - The municipalities of Nakagomi, Hiraga, and Uchimura merged to form the town of Nakagoshi.
- September 30, 1956
- April 1, 1957 - The village of Taguchiaonuma merged with the town of Usuda to form the town of Usuda.
- March 25, 1958 - Parts of the town of Koumi merged into the village of Yachiho.
- April 1, 1959 - Parts of the town of Usuda merged into the town of Saku.
- April 1, 1961 - The towns of Nozawa and Nakagomi merged with the municipalities of Asama and Azuma from Kitasaku District to form the city of Saku.
- March 20, 2005 - The town of Saku and the village of Yachiho merged to form the new town of Sakuho.
- April 1, 2005 - The town of Usuda merged with the town of Mochizuki, the village of Asashina, from Kitasaku District, and the old city of Saku to form the new city of Saku.