National Events Center
|المركز الوطني للفعاليات|
|Formed||March 10, 2020|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Saudi Arabia|
|Headquarters||Makkah Al-Mukarramah Road, as-Sulaimaniyah, Riyadh 12233, Saudi Arabia|
|Parent department||Council of Economic and Development Affairs|
National Events Center (NEC) (Arabic: المركز الوطني للفعاليات) is a government department in Saudi Arabia that is responsible for overseeing state-sponsored events and festivals (like Saudi Seasons) across the country in cooperation with relevant agencies. Established through a royal decree by King Salman against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020, it is affiliated with the Council of Economic and Development Affairs, one of the two subcabinets of Saudi Arabia.
The National Events Center was established through a royal decree issued by King Salman on March 10, 2020 against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic in Saudi Arabia. In October 2021, the department launched the "Matloob" platform during the Riyadh Season which aimed to facilitate and organize the participation of individuals and companies in the events and seasons of Saudi Arabia.
The National Events Center manages and oversees state-sponsored events in Saudi Arabia through relevant agencies, which include
- General Entertainment Authority
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Sport
- Ministry of Tourism
- Saudi Conventions and Exhibitions General Authority
- "إنشاء هيئة للسياحة وبرنامج وطني لتنمية قطاع تقنية المعلومات". صحيفة الاقتصادية (in Arabic). 2020-03-10. Retrieved 2022-08-23.
- "مطلوب.. ذراع سعودي لإنماء الاقتصادات المحلية وزيادة الموارد المستدامة | صحيفة المواطن الإلكترونية" (in Arabic). 2021-10-23. Retrieved 2022-08-23.
- ""مطلوب".. منصة جديدة من المركز الوطني للفعاليات". العربية (in Arabic). 2021-06-21. Retrieved 2022-08-23.