|Coordinates: 37°46′58″N 97°12′13″W / 37.78278°N 97.20361°W / 37.78278; -97.20361Coordinates: 37°46′58″N 97°12′13″W / 37.78278°N 97.20361°W / 37.78278; -97.20361|
|1,401 ft (427 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-28700 |
|GNIS ID||473873 |
Greenwich (pronounced /ˈɡriːnwɪtʃ/) is an unincorporated community in Sedgwick County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2020 census, the population of the community and nearby areas was 64. It is located northeast of 53rd St North and Greenwich Rd.
Greenwich had its start by the building of the St. Louis, Fort Scott & Wichita Railroad through that territory.
The first post office in Greenwich was established in September 1874.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Greenwich has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
For statistical purposes, the United States Census Bureau has defined this community as a census-designated place (CDP).
The community is served by Circle USD 375 public school district.
- ^ a b c d e "Greenwich, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- ^ a b "Profile of Greenwich, Kansas (CDP) in 2020". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on November 14, 2021. Retrieved November 14, 2021.
- ^ "ZIP Code Lookup". Archived from the original on 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- ^ William Allen White School of Journalism and Public Information (1955). A pronunciation guide to Kansas place names. Lawrence, KS: University of Kansas. p. 13. hdl:2027/mdp.39015047651115.
- ^ Bentley, Orsemus Hills (1910). History of Wichita and Sedgwick County, Kansas: Past and Present. Windmill Publications. p. 630.
- ^ "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on 9 October 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- ^ Climate Summary for Greenwich, Kansas
- Sedgwick County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT