World map with the time zone highlighted
|09:12, 27 September 2023 UTC−05:00 [refresh]|
|75 degrees W|
|R|Time in Nunavut
| ||Standard ||DST || |
| ||GMT−05:00 ||GMT−04:00 ||Eastern Time |
| ||GMT−05:00 (year round) ||Eastern Time |
| ||GMT−06:00 ||GMT−05:00 ||Central Time |
| ||GMT−07:00 ||GMT−06:00 ||Mountain Time |Time in Indiana: Counties grouped by time zone. Lake Michigan shown in blue at top left.
| ||Standard ||DST ||US time zone |
|Red ||UTC−06:00 ||UTC−05:00 ||Central Time |
|Yellow ||UTC−05:00 ||UTC−04:00 ||Eastern Time |
UTC−05:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of −05:00.
In North America, it is observed in the Eastern Time Zone during standard time, and in the Central Time Zone during the other eight months (see Daylight saving time). The western Caribbean uses it year round.
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)
Principal cities: New York, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Orlando, Baltimore, Charlotte, Charleston, Wilmington, Key West, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Iqaluit, Nassau, Havana, Kingston, Port-au-Prince, Cockburn Town, Providenciales
- Canada (Eastern Time Zone)
- United States (Eastern Time Zone)
- District of Columbia
- Entire state except the counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton, and Washington, and northern Gulf county (panhandle)
- New England (states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont)
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)
Principal cities: Winnipeg, Regina, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Austin, Memphis, Kansas City, San Antonio, Nashville, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Puebla, Oklahoma City, Orizaba, Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey
As standard time (year-round)
Principal cities: Bogotá, Lima, Kingston, Quito, Panama City, George Town
- United Kingdom
- United States
As daylight saving time (Southern Hemisphere summer)
Principal settlement: Hanga Roa
- ^ a b "Ontario Time Zone – Ontario Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Time Zones of the United States". Statoids. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- ^ a b "Time zone map (spring)" (PDF). Indiana State. 13 March 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 May 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- ^ a b "Michigan Time Zone – Michigan Current Local Time – Daylight Saving Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- ^ "Hora Oficial en los Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (in Spanish). Centro Nacional de Metrologîa. 11 November 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- ^ "Kentucky County Map". Kentucky Map Collection. Geology.com. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- ^ "Tennessee County Map". Tennessee Map Collection. Geology.com. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- ^ "Brazil: Acre and parts of Amazonas switch time zones". Time and Date. 31 October 2013 [9 October 2013]. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- ^ "Navassa Island". WorldTimeZone. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- Media related to UTC−05:00 at Wikimedia Commons