|Head chef||Richard Ekkebus|
|Dress code||Smart casual|
|Rating||Michelin Guide 2009|
|Street address||15 Queen's Road Central, The Landmark, Central|
|City||Central, Victoria City|
Amber reopened on 2 May 2019 after a four-month hiatus. Chef Richard Ekkebus has done away with dairy and cut down on sugar and salt, using soy, rice, cereal and nut milk in place of dairy; fermentation and products like seaweed instead of salt; and agave, maple, honey and raw sugar in lieu of sugar. He created 50 new dishes.
Hokkaido sea urchin with lobster Jell-O is the signature dish of Amber.
The restaurant received two stars in the Michelin Guide's inaugural 2009 Hong Kong and Macau edition.
It was also placed 37th in S. Pellegrino's 2011 World's 50 Best Restaurants list in 2011. It stays 37th in The World’s Best Restaurants Awards in 2013. Amber is ranked 21st in Asia's Best Restaurants in 2019.
- Amber was featured in the TVB Payvision Lifestyle Channel's Be My Guest episode featuring Carol "Dodo" Cheng.
- "Amber: About the Chef". Landmark Mandarin Oriental. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Craig Sauers (30 April 2019). "Two-Michelin-starred Amber is back, and it's done away with butter and cream". Time Out.
- Leslie Yeh (30 April 2019). "Amber reopens this week with 50 new dishes from chef Richard Ekkebus". Life Style Asia.
- Lim, Le-Min (2 December 2008). "Michelin Hong Kong Gives 3 Stars to 2 Restaurants (Update1)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Lam, Tiffany (19 April 2011). "S. Pellegrino's 2011 World's 50 Best Restaurants". CNN Travel. Archived from the original on 27 October 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "World's Best Restaurants 2013: the top 100 in full". Daily Telegraph. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Amber Hong Kong, China". Asia's 50 Best Restaurants. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- Hotel official website
- Restaurant official website