This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018)
|Motto||Faith, Knowledge and Performance|
|Type||Private nonprofit university|
|Chairman||Khalid bin Faisal Al Saud|
|Colors||Blue and purple|
It was founded in 2002 by the King Faisal Foundation. The first students were admitted in 2008. Alfaisal's total enrollment now exceeds 2500. The enrollment is 67% Saudi National with the remaining 33% being students from over 40 other nations. The total number of faculty is nearly 200 with international faculty from 31 countries.[when?] The Board of Trustees includes representatives from five firms, four international firms, and a representative from the Ministry of Education.
On UniRank, its world rank is 5646 and country rank is 28.
In the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR), its world rank is 1774 and national rank is 6.
It is ranked between 551-600 on QS world university rankings 
Alfaisal University is ranked between 201-250 worldwide by Times Higher Education in its World University Rankings 2022, 601–800th in its Impact Rankings 2022, 36th worldwide in the "Young Universities" category, which looks at universities under 50 years old. It is also ranked 9th by the Times Higher Education in its category The world’s best small universities 2021 where Caltech is ranked 1st, and also ranked 20th by the Times Higher Education in its category Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020. A reference is made to the university about its use of ranks on THE in an article titled University rankings are mostly meaningless
- "About Alfaisal".
- "Announcement of Academic Programs".
- Nagraj, Aarti (2017-07-31). "Struggling construction firm Saudi Oger shuts down - report". Gulf Business.
- "Alfaisal University | Ranking & Review". www.4icu.org. Retrieved 2022-04-06.
- "Alfaisal University Ranking 2020-21". Center for World University Rankings (CWUR). Retrieved 2022-04-06.
- "University | Ranking Web of Universities: Webometrics ranks 30000 institutions". www.webometrics.info. Retrieved 2021-06-27.
- "Alfaisal University".