|Founded by||Algerian Jews|
The village was established in 1950 by immigrants from Algeria on land which had previously belonged to the abandoned Arab village of al-Muharraqa. It was named after Yoel Ben Yoshivia, a member of the Tribe of Simeon which lived in the area and mentioned in 1 Chronicles 4:35;
and Joel, and Jehu the son of Joshibiah, the son of Seraiah, the son of Asiel;
- "Population in the Localities 2019" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- Yoshivia Negev Information Centre