Wikipedia talk:The Wikipedia Library
|This is the talk page for discussing The Wikipedia Library and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|WikiProject Libraries||(Rated Project-class)|
Unable to access Wikipedia Library
I am unable to access Wikipedia library, although I am eligible. Kindly help. My userpage is - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anil1956. Thanks! I have tried the link  given above to another user for the same question. Even that link is inaccessible to me.
Hello! I'm attempting to access American National Biography through The Wikipedia Library; however, it still appears that most of the articles are still paywalled. Would anyone be interested in confirming this as well, and/or offer any alternative options if the issue arises? Thanks so much! Silikonz💬 17:02, 10 December 2022 (UTC)
- @Silikonz: I'm bummed this hasn't been addressed yet! Just FYI, I used the "Contact us" link at https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/contact/ to note the issue. Hopefully it gets to the right person. Firefangledfeathers (talk / contribs) 16:34, 24 December 2022 (UTC)
- Haha, thanks. Will do the same. I'm in no hurry though... happy holidays! Silikonz💬 22:08, 24 December 2022 (UTC)
Library doesn't load properly?
I was notified via email that an archive suggestion of mine was added to the Library, but upon visiting the Library, only the plain text and links will load on its pages. I've tried to access it in different ways, but it continues to be broken. The landing page here loads properly, but nothing beyond it. I've used the Library before and signed up for access to other archives, so I'm not new to it. Any idea what the problem could be? × Comtesse d'Autodidactica | 📝 11:42, 13 January 2023 (UTC)
I have just read the suggestions of which I believe several have been successful. Maybe SAGE, Brill, British Newspaper archive and other added archives could be removed from the suggestions or archived? Paradise Chronicle (talk) 19:56, 13 January 2023 (UTC)
- @Paradise Chronicle We're planning to remove these! Samwalton9 (WMF) (talk) 09:28, 17 January 2023 (UTC)
Asked in help, kindly re-directed here:
1. My notifications show that I was eligible for the Library "2 months" ago. And I know I used it then and thought I did for a couple of weeks after. How long does the eligibility last? One week on a calendar or a week from the date you become eligible? (I have no proof I used it over a week FWIW, too difficult to check that.)
2. I just looked at my contributions list (you can check) and I didn't actually make many edits at all in the past few months. Certainly not 10 in a week, and not 2 months ago (but did a bunch a year ago). So was it some weird goof that I was made eligible? Or do they actually count ONE edit session that includes several changes? (doubtful but looking at my history it is perplexing at best!) Thanks. gobears87 (talk) 17:58, 20 January 2023 (UTC)
- @Gobears87 Eligibility is checked on an ongoing basis, i.e. each time you log in. The edit activity requirement is 10 edits over the last 30 days. This is also checked at each login, so if you don't meet that criterion you can make a few edits and try again. During the first 30 days of your access to the library that criterion isn't checked (for technical reasons), which might be why you thought you shouldn't be eligible :) Samwalton9 (WMF) (talk) 12:03, 23 January 2023 (UTC)
Shooting my shot
Hi there, I work on the daily with students editing Wikipedia, and am wondering if there's a way I can get access to the library to be able to help students find/evaluate sourcing?(my wiki edu acct is not old enough as of yet) It'd be helpful so I can spot-check and make sure sources support claims. Just thought I'd give it a shot and ask. Thank you. Brianda (Wiki Ed) (talk) 19:51, 25 January 2023 (UTC)