This page links to library searches, online databases, and other venues where you can locate a journal article by title, journal, or identifier (such as DOI or PMID). It's a good idea to start with a search engine, as it will have the most comprehensive coverage. However, many of the online databases listed below include free full text.
If you're looking for a source that isn't a journal article, try the Find your Source guide. For books, you can also use Special:BookSources to search by ISBN.
These sites include all academic content, so results may be behind a paywall.
- Find this article at Google Scholar, a search engine that collates different versions of articles (including open-access versions)
- Find this article in Microsoft Academic Search, a search engine for academic publications
- Find this article in Mendeley, an index of scholarly citations
- Find this article on ERIC, a collection of education resources
- Find this article in the Social Science Research Network, a social sciences collection
- Find this article in CiteSeerX, primarily science research articles
Open access search
These sites allow you to search for articles that are entirely free to read.
- Find this article in BASE, a search engine for academic open online resources
- Find this article in OAIster, a catalogue of open-access materials
- Find this article at JURN, a curated search engine for free academic articles and books
- Find this article at OpenDOAR, a search engine for academic repositories
- Find this article in the DOAJ, a multidisciplinary index of open-access journal content
- Find this article at CORE, an aggregator of open-access research
- Find this article at PubMed Central, a medical database
- Find this article in Paperity, a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access journals and papers
- Find this article in arXiv, a database of papers in computer science, physics, and mathematics
- Find this article in the Digital Commons Network, a multidisciplinary collection of scholarly articles
- Find this article in ScienceOpen, open-access science resources
- Visit Knowtro, an open-access platform allowing you to search by variable across thousands of papers
These are sites where researchers post copies of their published articles for other researchers to access, sometimes in full text. Where no full text is available, you can contact the author directly to request a copy.
- Find this article in MyScienceWork
- Find this article in ResearchGate
- Find this article in Academia.edu (requires login)
- Find this journal at your local library through WorldCat or through major national libraries
Cited on Wikipedia
- Find articles on Wikipedia which cite a particular DOI.
- List of academic databases and search engines
- List of digital library projects
- List of neuroscience databases
- List of online databases
- Wikipedia:List of bibliographies
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Resource Exchange
The Wikipedia Library (talk | e)
Get free access to research!
Research tools and services
...Support Open Access...