This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017)
The Weesp–Lelystad railway, also known as Flevolijn, is a railway in the Netherlands operated by Nederlandse Spoorwegen and owned by ProRail. The line runs from Weesp, North Holland to Lelystad, capital of the neighbouring province of Flevoland. It currently has seven stations, these are (southwest to northeast): Almere Poort, Almere Muziekwijk, Almere Centrum, Almere Parkwijk, Almere Buiten, Almere Oostvaarders and Lelystad Centrum. Almere Strand was closed in 2012 and Lelystad Zuid is due to open before 2025.
- 1987: the line opens between Weesp and Almere Buiten. The station Almere Parkwijk had not been built at the time.
- 1988: the line was finished when it was extended to Lelystad Centrum.
- 1996: Almere Parkwijk station opens.
- 2003: the Gooiboog curve opens, allowing direct trains to Hilversum and Utrecht.
- 2004: Almere Oostvaarders station opens.
- 2012: Almere Poort station opens, as well as the Hanzelijn (Lelystad to Zwolle).
- 2025: Planned opening of Lelystad Zuid station.
Work began on the railway line in 1980. Originally, it was planned to run straight through the Oostvaardersplassen. After protests from environmentalists, the transport minister decided that the line was to pass outside this nature area. As a consequence, this detour is, because of its form, now colloquially called the bath tub line.
In 2008, it was announced that the line's capacity will be extended to 12 trains per hour in either direction. To achieve this, it will be doubled to four tracks.
Work on the Hanzelijn from Lelystad Centrum to Zwolle began in 2007 and the line opened in 2012. Two new stations were opened, Dronten and Kampen Zuid.
The Lelystad Zuid station is expected to open in 2025.
The current train services operating on the Flevolijn are:
|3700||Intercity||Schiphol - Amsterdam Zuid - Duivendrecht - Almere Centrum - Almere Buiten - Lelystad Centrum||DD-AR||2x per hour|
|3900||Intercity||Hoofddorp - Schiphol - Amsterdam Lelylaan - Amsterdam Sloterdijk - Amsterdam Centraal - Almere Centrum - Almere Buiten - Lelystad Centrum||DD-AR||2x per hour|
|4300||Stoptrain||Hoofddorp – Schiphol – Amsterdam Zuid – Amsterdam RAI - Duivendrecht – Diemen Zuid - Weesp – Almere Muziekwijk - Almere Centrum – Almere Parkwijk - Almere Buiten - Almere Oostvaarders||SLT||2x per hour|
|4600||Stoptrain||Amsterdam Centraal - Amsterdam Muiderpoort - Diemen - Weesp - Almere Muziekwijk - Almere Centrum - Almere Parkwijk - Almere Buiten - Almere Oostvaarders||SLT||2x per hour|
|4900||Intercity||Almere Centrum - Almere Muziekwijk – Naarden-Bussum - Hilversum – Hilversum Sportpark - Utrecht Overvecht - Utrecht Centraal||DD-AR||2x per hour|
- "Station Lelystad-Zuid niet in beeld bij NS (Dutch)". De Stentor. 19 March 2011. Retrieved 22 April 2012.