W.H. Morgan House
W.H. Morgan House
|Location||212 N Walnut Street|
Peabody, Kansas, 66866
|Coordinates||38°10′1″N 97°6′23″W / 38.16694°N 97.10639°W / 38.16694; -97.10639Coordinates: 38°10′1″N 97°6′23″W / 38.16694°N 97.10639°W / 38.16694; -97.10639|
|Built by||A.K. Stewart|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian: Italianate|
|Part of||Peabody Downtown Historic District (ID98000590)|
|NRHP reference No.||95001562 |
|Added to NRHP||January 22, 1996|
W.H. Morgan House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1996. It is located in the Downtown Historic District of Peabody, Kansas.
It was built in about 1881. It is a two-story Italianate-style house with clapboard siding on a limestone block foundation, with a hipped roof.
Fountain next to W.H. Morgan House (immediate right), W.H. Morgan Barn (back right with red roof), Carnegie Library (left with brown brick), Museum (back middle with green roof). Looking north-east in 2010.
- List of museums in Kansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Marion County, Kansas
- Peabody Downtown Historic District
- Peabody Historical Library Museum
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- ^ Michele M. Risdal (June 30, 1995). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: W.H. Morgan House / 115-4410-0025". National Park Service. Retrieved December 22, 2017. With six photos from 1995.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peabody, Kansas.
- W.H. Morgan House
- Peabody Kansas Attractions - includes the Morgan House
- NRHP Application (0.3MB PDF)
- NRHP Photos (0.8MB PDF)
- Peabody Downtown Historic District (house is located in this district)
- NRHP Application (2.1MB PDF)
- NRHP Photos (6.3MB PDF)
- Peabody City Map, KDOT
- Satellite view of House, Google Maps