Untamed (Walibi Holland)
|Coordinates||52°26′34″N 5°45′39″E / 52.44278°N 5.76083°E / 52.44278; 5.76083Coordinates: 52°26′34″N 5°45′39″E / 52.44278°N 5.76083°E / 52.44278; 5.76083|
|Opening date||1 July 2019|
|Manufacturer||Rocky Mountain Construction|
|Lift/launch system||Chain lift hill|
|Max vertical angle||80°|
|Capacity||900 riders per hour|
|Height restriction||120 cm (3 ft 11 in)|
|Trains||2 trains with 6 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 24 riders per train.|
|Height||36.5 m (119.8 ft)|
|Drop||35.4 m (116.1 ft)|
|Length||1,085 m (3,559 ft)|
|Speed||92 km/h (57.2 mph)|
|Restraints||Seat belt and lap bar|
Fast Lane available
Single rider line available
|Untamed at RCDB|
Untamed is a Rocky Mountain Construction hybrid steel-wood roller coaster at Walibi Holland, a theme park in the Netherlands. Untamed replaced Robin Hood, a wooden roller coaster that closed on 28 October 2018.
Robin Hood was a coaster designed by Stand Company and was built by Vekoma. The ride opened in 2000 and had a capacity of 815 people per hour, operating two trains carrying 24 people. Robin Hood closed on 28 October 2018, for a makeover from Rocky Mountain Construction.
Construction for Untamed began in late October 2018. The track of Robin Hood was removed along with some parts of the wooden construction. Also, all previous theming elements were taken down. The new track was finished on 16 May 2019. Test rides started three weeks later on 3 June 2019. Untamed opened on 1 July 2019.
The coaster keeps the record for most inversions on a hybrid coaster, namely 5. During the ride, there are 14 airtime moments. The layout features a unique element called a 270 degrees Double Inverting Corner Stall which consists of two inversions right after each other. The element is located in the first turn, right after the first drop.
In the queue line of Untamed, several remnants of Robin Hood can be found, such as track parts and an old train cart.
Untamed has a wilderness theming and the trains are designed to look like an insect.
|Operating years||22 April 2000 - 28 October 2018||1 July 2019–present|
|Manufacturer||Vekoma||Rocky Mountain Construction|
|Height||32 m or 105 ft||36 m or 118 ft|
|Length||1,035 m or 3,396 ft||1,085 m or 3,560 ft|
|Speed||80 km/h or 50 mph||92 km/h or 57 mph|
|Capacity||815 persons/hour||900 persons/hour|
Reception and records
Untamed was ranked in the Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Awards for best new roller coaster of 2019 in fifth place.
|Golden Ticket Awards: Best New Roller Coaster for 2019|
- ^ a b "Walibi Holland vervangt Robin Hood door achtbaan". Loopings (in Dutch). 6 February 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- ^ "Foto's: werkzaamheden voor nieuwe achtbaan Walibi Holland gestart" (in Dutch). Looopings.nl. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 14 November 2021.
- ^ "Video: nieuwe Walibi-achtbaan Untamed maakt eerste testrit" (in Dutch). Looopings.nl. 3 June 2019. Retrieved 14 November 2021.
- ^ "Untamed is compleet! Bouw update, Q&A met RMC en Walibi Holland" (in Dutch). Theme Park Science. 17 May 2019. Retrieved 14 November 2021.
- ^ "Walibi Holland opent nieuwe achtbaan in 2019!" (in Dutch). Walibi Holland. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- ^ a b "Amusement Today – Golden Ticket Awards 2019" (PDF). Amusement Today. 23 (6.2): 12. September 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2020.