Koninklijke TNT Post
Logo used until 2011
|Type||Limited liability company|
|Fate||Rebranded to PostNL|
Koninklijke TNT Post BV (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌkoːnɪŋkləkə teːɛnˌteː ˈpɔzd beːˌveː]) was the national postal company in the Netherlands, owned by TNT N.V. Until May 2011, it operated under the brand TNT Post and employed 75,000 people.
In 1989, the state-run enterprise PTT became Royal PTT Netherlands (Koninklijke PTT Nederland: KPN), and the company was incorporated. In 1993, mail offices were privatised, and KPN was listed on the stock exchange in 1994. In 1996, the Australian company TNT Ltd. was obtained through acquisition, and KPN's postal service and TNT merged to form TNT Postal Group (TPG), later renamed TNT N.V.
The national postal service of the Netherlands was called PTT Post until 2002, then TPG Post until October 16, 2006, then finally renamed TNT Post. The old red TPG mailboxes were changed to the new orange TNT mailboxes throughout the country.
"Sure we can" has been TNT Post's slogan since 2010.
- List of postal codes in the Netherlands
- Postage stamps and postal history of the Netherlands
- TNT N.V.
- "History. PostNL". Archived from the original on 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- "History". TNT. Archived from the original on 21 September 2008. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Official website (in Dutch)
- Official website of the new company