Saint Peter, Guernsey
Saint Pierre du Bois
|Crown Dependency||Guernsey, Channel Islands|
|• Electoral district||West|
|• Total||6.2 km2 (2.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||330/km2 (850/sq mi)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+01|
St Peter's (Guernesiais: Saint Pierre), known officially as Saint Pierre du Bois (English: "St. Peter in the Wood") is a parish in Guernsey. It is the centre for the Guernsey Western Parishes which includes Torteval, St Saviour's and the Forest.
The old Guernesiais nickname for people from Saint Pierre was etcherbaots which means beetles.
The postal code for street addresses in this parish begins with GY7.
St Peter's won the Britain in Bloom small coastal prize in 2015. and a gold medal in the 2016 Champion of Champions competition.
The parish is located in the West of the Island and has borders with the parishes of Torteval, St. Saviour's, Forest and St. Andrew's.
The parish is mainly countryside with a small village in the centre. The parish church is one of the most unusual in the islands as it is built at the bottom of a small valley and the interior of the church is not flat but diagonal in appearance.
The features of the parish include:
The parish of the Vale hosts:
Saint Peter comprises part of the West administrative division with Torteval, St. Saviour's and Forest
In the 2016 Guernsey general election there was a 3,188 or 74% turnout to elect five Deputies. Those elected (in order of votes received) being Al Brouard, Andrea Dudley-Owen, Emilie Yerby, David De Lisle and Shane Langlois.
- Sampson Avard, the leader of a band of Mormon vigilantes called the Danites, which existed in Missouri during the period of the 1838 Mormon War.
- Harry Lewis, also known as W2S and is a member of the Sidemen.
- "St Peter's wins class in national Britain in Bloom". Guernsey press.
- "RHS Britain in Bloom 2016 UK Finals Full Results". RHS Britain in Bloom.
- "St Peter Parish Memorial, Guernsey". Great War CI.
- Dillon, Paddy. Channel Island Walks. Cicerone Press Limited, 1999. ISBN 9781852842888.
- "PROTECTED BUILDINGS". Environment - Guernsey government.
- "Channel Islands Marine Conservation Society Recommended beaches". thebeachguide.co.uk. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "Silbe". Visit Guernsey.
- "Colin Best nature reserve". La Société Guernesiaise.
- "La Claire Mare". La Société Guernesiaise.
- "Guernsey Abreuvoirs". La Société Guernesiaise.
- Parish Website