|Region||Central Denmark (Midtjylland)|
|• Urban||1.59 km2 (0.61 sq mi)|
|• Urban density||2,100/km2 (5,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Central Europe Time|
|Area code||(+45) 8|
Sabro has a sports club, football fields, a gym, grocery stores, hotels, a church, two recreation centres, a dentist, a health care center, a library and a public day school, Sabro Korsvejskolen.
The name was recorded in about 1150 as Sahebroch and in 1386 as Saubro; it possibly derives from Old Danish *saghi, "somewhat cut", referring to tree-felling, and brōk, "swamp".
Sabro was originally one of the smaller villages in the area, with a few houses and farms south and west of Sabro Church.
After the road between Aarhus and Viborg (today Primærrute 26) was built through the area around 1890, a small settlement developed at the crossroads about 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) from the original village. In the mid-20th century the sogn (parish) councils of Borum-Lyngby, Lading and Sabro-Fårup (of which Sabro was part until 1 April 1970) decided to make this the location of a central school, Sabro Korsvejskolen (Sabro Crossroads School), which was dedicated in 1964.
In the 1970s and 1980s the crossroads settlement and the original village merged, as part of a strong urban growth which has since continued eastwards, covering former agricultural land in the direction of the neighbouring village of Mundelstrup.
- BY3: Population 1st January by urban areas, area and population density The Mobile Statbank from Statistics Denmark