The neighborhood is bordered by Independence Avenue to the north, Chitukuko Road to the east, Burma Road to the south and Nationalist Road to the west. The coordinates of the neighborhood are 15°26'05.0"S, 28°19'14.0"E (Latitude:-15.434736; Longitude:28.320553).
The neighborhood houses the following national institutions and buildings, among others:
- The teaching hospital of the University of Zambia School of Medicine
- Arakan Barracks, a unit of the Zambian Defence Force and the headquarters of the Zambia Army.
- National Archives of Zambia
- Google (16 September 2016). "The Street Boundaries of Ridgeway, Lusaka" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Google (16 September 2016). "Location of Ridgeway, Lusaka, Zambia" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Zambia Daily Mail (13 November 2015). "The real story behind Zambian Army soldier attempted suicide". Lusaka: Lusaka Voice Quoting Zambia Daily Mail. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Website of Lusaka City Council
- Lusaka: A Brief Cultural and Political History