|Part of Fortifications of Gibraltar|
|Owner||Ministry of Defence|
Raglan's Battery was one of the first set of retired batteries which were proposed by General Sir John Jones. These "retired" batteries were the first to be set away from the shoreline in order that they could get greater range by taking advantage of the increased altitude of the Rock of Gibraltar. In addition the batteries were more difficult for the enemy to spot. Jones also recommended similar batteries at the Civil Hospital and the Jones' Battery.
These must have been a success as a further set were constructed which included Gardiner's Battery and eventually led to guns being sited on the very top of the rock.
- Fa & Finlayson (2006). The Fortifications of Gibraltar 1068-1945. Osprey Publishing. pp. 32–33. ISBN 978-1-84603-016-1. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Harmon, Russell S. (2001). Ehlen, Judy (ed.). The environmental legacy of military operations. Boulder, CO: Geological Society of America. p. 116. ISBN 0813741149.