Palanca, Ștefan Vodă
|District||Ștefan Vodă District|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Among the most sensitive areas of the Moldova–Ukraine relations is the crossing point at Palanca. Under a 2001 treaty, Moldova committed to transfer control and sovereignty of the 7.7 km (4+3⁄4 miles) stretch of road between Mayaky and Udobne , which forms part of the M15 from Odesa and Reni. The demarcation process took many years. In 2010 Deputy Foreign Minister of Moldova Andrei Popov stated that land in Palanca was an inseparable part of the Moldovan territory and would not be ceded to Ukraine. However, on November 22, 2012, the Moldovan ambassador to Ukraine announced that Moldova had transferred the section of the road by Palanca and that it had become property of Ukraine within the territory of Moldova, which would be controlled by Ukraine.
- Results of Population and Housing Census in the Republic of Moldova in 2014: "Characteristics - Population (population by communes, religion, citizenship)" (XLS). National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova. 2017. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- Clasificatorul unităților administrativ-teritoriale al Republicii Moldova (CUATM) (in Romanian)
- "The Bessarabia Gambit: Why Ukraine’s Danube Region Needs Infrastructure"
- Moldova-Ukraine relations, interview with Andrei Popov Archived 2011-09-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Palanca land shall not go to Ukraine - Popov (retrieved May 4, 2017)
- "Посол Молдови: питання територій біля Паланки закрите" ("Ambassador of Moldova: the issue of territories near Palanka is closed"), Radio Liberty, November 22, 2012