Al Olaya (Riyadh)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
Central Business District/Financial District and Neighbourhood
|• Body||Baladiyah al-Ulaya Baladiyah al-Malaz|
Al-Olaya (Arabic: حي العليا, romanized: ḥaī al-ʿulāyā), also spelled as al-`Ulaya, is a growing financial district mostly in the sub-municipality of its namesake, Baladiyah al-Ulaya, and partially in Baladiyah al-Malaz and Baladiyah al-Ma'dher in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Located on the north side of the city, it hosts sites and local landmarks, such as the Kingdom Centre, which houses the Four Seasons luxury hotel. It will also contain Al Rajhi Tower, which, upon its completion, will be the tallest building in Saudi Arabia.
The following are local landmarks:
- Kingdom Centre, the second tallest building in Saudi Arabia. It was opened in late 2001 with a height of 302m.
- Al Faisaliyah Center, the first skyscraper in Saudi Arabia.
- King Faisal Foundation, a charity foundation.
- Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib Medical Group, health care provider in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Najd National Schools, a private school founded in 1983.
- Al Rajhi Tower, which was planned to be the tallest building in Saudi Arabia. Overtook by Abraj Al Bait Hotel Tower in Makkah.
- Jewel of Saudia.
- Riyadh Monorail, which will pass over the Olaya District when the project is completed.
- "Hotels in Al Olaya, Riyadh". Booking.com. Retrieved 27 June 2021.