Nueva Concepción

Nueva Concepción
Municipality
Nueva Concepción is located in El Salvador
Nueva Concepción
Nueva Concepción
Location in El Salvador
Coordinates: 14°8′N 89°18′W / 14.133°N 89.300°W / 14.133; -89.300
Country El Salvador
DepartmentChalatenango Department
Elevation
1,109 ft (338 m)
Population
 (2020)
 • Total32,091

Nueva Concepción is a municipality in the Chalatenango department of El Salvador.

Geography

The city of Nueva Concepción is located in the department of Chalatenango in the North region of the country. In Nueva Concepción notable rivers are the Rio Lempa, Rio Jayuca, Rio Moja Flores, Rio San Nicolás and other rivers. Nueva Concepción is also known for its water park, "Splash".

The main way to get to Nueva Concepción (coming from San Salvador) is the northern troncal del norte (CA4) road going towards Chalatenango and then the CA3 W.

Climate

Climate data for Nueva Concepción (1991–2020)
Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year
Mean daily maximum °C (°F) 34.4
(93.9)
35.9
(96.6)
37.1
(98.8)
37.4
(99.3)
34.9
(94.8)
33.2
(91.8)
33.7
(92.7)
33.6
(92.5)
32.7
(90.9)
32.6
(90.7)
33.1
(91.6)
33.8
(92.8)
34.4
(93.9)
Daily mean °C (°F) 25.7
(78.3)
27.0
(80.6)
28.1
(82.6)
28.8
(83.8)
27.7
(81.9)
26.4
(79.5)
26.2
(79.2)
26.0
(78.8)
25.7
(78.3)
25.6
(78.1)
25.4
(77.7)
25.3
(77.5)
26.5
(79.7)
Mean daily minimum °C (°F) 18.5
(65.3)
19.6
(67.3)
21.0
(69.8)
22.6
(72.7)
22.8
(73.0)
22.3
(72.1)
21.4
(70.5)
21.6
(70.9)
21.9
(71.4)
21.3
(70.3)
19.6
(67.3)
18.3
(64.9)
20.9
(69.6)
Average precipitation mm (inches) 1.9
(0.07)
4.3
(0.17)
15.0
(0.59)
58.9
(2.32)
195.3
(7.69)
306.0
(12.05)
259.2
(10.20)
296.2
(11.66)
315.8
(12.43)
199.0
(7.83)
49.8
(1.96)
7.8
(0.31)
1,709.1
(67.29)
Average relative humidity (%) 60 58 57 61 72 81 79 81 83 80 71 65 70.7
Source: Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales[1]

Population

As of June 2020, the population to Nueva Concepción is at least 32,000 people. Men represent nearly 54% of the population whereas women make up the remaining 46%. Roughly two thirds of the residents live in rural area whereas one third reside in urban area.[2]

References

  1. ^ "Normales Climatológicas 1991-2020" (in Spanish). Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales. Archived from the original on May 13, 2024. Retrieved May 13, 2024.
  2. ^ "Nueva Concepción (Municipality, El Salvador) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map and Location". www.citypopulation.de. Retrieved 2021-02-22.


Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nueva_Concepción&oldid=1223885416"