Dari: فرودگاه نیلی
Pashto: د نیلی هوائی ډګر
|Operator||Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation|
|Elevation AMSL||7,260 ft / 2,213 m|
Sources: Google Earth, Landings.com,
Nili Airport (Dari: فرودگاه نیلی; Pashto: د نیلی هوائی ډګر; ICAO: OANL) is located about one kilometer of driving distance from the center of Nili, which is the capital of Daykundi Province in Afghanistan. It is a domestic airport under the country's Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation (MoTCA), and serves the population of Daykundi Province. Security in and around the airport is provided by the Afghan National Security Forces. It has been used in the past mostly for emergency relief purposes.
Situated at an elevation of 7,260 feet (2,213 m) above sea level, Nili Airport has one gravel runway measuring around 4,487 by 90 feet (1,368 m × 27 m). A new terminal was added in 2011 with assistance and support from the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF). The airport can handle small civilian or military aircraft but not larger ones. Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani had promised in 2014 that he would modernize Nili Airport, which would mean (among other things) upgrading its runway to an asphalt one.
Other nearby major airports to Nili are Chaghcharan Airport in neighboring Ghor Province to the north, Bamyan Airport in Bamyan Province to the northeast, Ghazni Airport in Ghazni Province to the east, Tarinkot Airport in Uruzgan Province to the south, Farah Airport in Farah Province to the west, and Herat International Airport in Herat Province to the northwest.
- "Afghan Civilian and Military Airports Resume Activities". TOLOnews. January 29, 2022. Retrieved 2022-07-11.
- "Nili Airport". Google Earth.
- "Airport Records". Dr. Günther Eichhorn. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "Nili terminal construction". June 19, 2011.
- "Ahmadzai to launch development projects if elected". Pajhwok Afghan News. June 11, 2014. Retrieved 2022-08-07.
- "Nimruz Airport" (3D visual). Google Earth.
- "Airport Records". Dr. Günther Eichhorn.
- Daykundi: A model for success in southern Afghanistan
- Current weather for OANL at NOAA/NWS