|• Total||1.15 km2 (0.44 sq mi)|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||13/km2 (34/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Nederland is a hamlet in the municipality Steenwijkerland in the province Overijssel, Netherlands. It has a population of about 15. 'Nederland' is the Dutch name for the Netherlands. Because of the comical value of the toponym, roadsigns with the name 'Nederland' are stolen frequently.
It was first mentioned between 1830 and 1855 as 't Nederland, and means "low-lying land". Nederland has a statistical entry, and its own postal code. Originally, it was only accessible by boat. In 1840, it was home to 182 people, and was a peat excavation village.
The Dutch beer company Bavaria has used Nederland in a commercial. In the commercial two men are giving away beer in the hamlet. It ends with (in translation): Bavaria, popular throughout Nederland.
The hamlet was pictured on a Dutch postage stamp.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2021". Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Postcodetool for 8362VA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Nederland (Steenwijkerland)". Plaatsengids (in Dutch). Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Nederland - (geografische naam)". Etymologiebank (in Dutch). Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Postcode 8362 in Nederland". Postcode bij adres (in Dutch). Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- "Overzicht 15 jaar Mooi Nederland-emissies (2005-2019)". Postzegelblog (in Dutch). Retrieved 16 March 2022.
- De Grote Bosatlas 51e editie - Wolters Noordhoff