National Register of Historic Places listings in Marion County, Kansas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Marion County, Kansas.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Marion County, Kansas, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 31 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted November 18, 2022.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||1927 Hillsboro Water Tower||October 6, 2011
|Lots 10 & 11, Block 2, Hill's 2nd Addition||Hillsboro|
|2||Amelia Park Bridge||January 21, 2004
|0.5 miles west of U.S. Route 77 on 260th Street (approximate 1 mile north-east of Antelope)||Antelope|
|3||Bethel School||December 17, 1987
|5.25 miles east of Lincolnville on 290th Street||Lincolnville|
|4||Bichet School, District 34||January 28, 2004
|4.5 miles east of Florence on U.S. Route 50, then 0.1 mile north on Bluestem Road||Florence|
|5||Bown-Corby School||April 14, 2015
|412 N. 2nd St.||Marion|
|6||Burns Union School||March 26, 1975
|Southwest corner of Ohio and Main Streets||Burns||Currently the Burns Community Museum.|
|7||Donahue's Santa Fe Trail Segment||October 11, 2016
|8||Donaldson and Hosmer Building||September 23, 2020
|318 East Main St.||Marion|
|9||Doyle Place||October 11, 2000
|0.3 mile south of Florence railroad track on Main Street||Florence|
|10||Elgin Hotel||September 13, 1978
|115 North 3rd Street||Marion|
|11||Florence Opera House||January 18, 2011
|Southwest corner of 5th and Main Streets||Florence|
|12||Florence Water Tower||May 6, 1973
|525 West 5th Street||Florence|
|13||French Frank's Santa Fe Trail Segment||April 3, 2013
|14||Harvey House||August 14, 1973
|221 North Marion Street||Florence||See Fred Harvey Company.|
|15||Hill Grade School||May 28, 1976
|601 East Main Street||Marion|
|16||Island Field Ranch House||May 11, 1995
|3.5 miles south of Lincolnville on U.S. Route 77 (1 mile east of Antelope)||Lincolnville|
|17||Keystone Ranch||July 10, 2017
|2910 47th Terrace||Burns|
|18||Lost Spring||September 30, 1976
|2.5 miles west of Lost Springs on 340th Street||Lost Springs|
|19||Marion Archeological District||April 21, 1976
|Various locations along Mud Creek and the Cottonwood River||Marion|
|20||Marion County Courthouse||May 28, 1976
|200 South 3rd Street||Marion|
|21||Marion County Park and Lake||June 6, 2002
|1 mile east of Marion on 190th Street (Main), then 1.75 miles south on Upland Road||Marion|
|22||P.H. Meehan House||November 28, 2007
|401 North Columbus Street||Tampa|
|23||W.H. Morgan House||January 22, 1996
|212 North Walnut Street||Peabody|
|24||Old Peabody Library||July 2, 1973
|106 East Division Avenue||Peabody||Currently the Peabody Historical Museum.|
|25||Peabody City Park||January 20, 2012
|W. 2nd and Locust Sts.||Peabody|
|26||Peabody Downtown Historic District||May 29, 1998
|Walnut Street area, between Division and First Streets||Peabody|
|27||Peabody Township Carnegie Library||June 25, 1987
|214 North Walnut Street||Peabody||Currently the Peabody Township Library.|
|28||Pioneer Adobe House||March 30, 1973
|501 South Ash Street||Hillsboro||Currently the Peter Paul Loewen House.|
|29||Santa Fe Trail - Marion County Trail Segments||May 11, 1995
|From corner of 270th St and Falcon Rd, parallels on west side of railroad tracks towards southwest||Durham|
|30||William F. and Ida G. Schaeffler House||May 16, 2002
|312 East Grand Avenue||Hillsboro||Currently the William F. Schaeffler House Museum.|
|31||J.S. Schroeder Building||December 6, 1991
|111 North Walnut Street||Peabody|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kansas
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved November 18, 2022.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Burns Union School - Official Website
- Harvey House - Official Website
- Roper, Donna C. "The Marion Great Bend Aspect Sites: Floodplain Settlement on the Plains". Plains Anthropologist 47.180 (2002): 17-32: 18.
- Old Peabody Library - Website
- Peabody Township Carnegie Library - Official Website
- Pioneer Adobe House - Official Website
- W.F. Schaeffler House - Official Website