National Register of Historic Places listings in Alabama
This is a list of buildings, sites, districts, and objects listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Alabama.
This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted January 27, 2023.
|Autauga - Baldwin - Barbour - Bibb - Blount - Bullock - Butler - Calhoun - Chambers - Cherokee - Chilton - Choctaw - Clarke - Clay - Cleburne - Coffee - Colbert - Conecuh - Coosa - Covington - Crenshaw - Cullman - Dale - Dallas - DeKalb - Elmore - Escambia - Etowah - Fayette - Franklin - Geneva - Greene - Hale - Henry - Houston - Jackson - Jefferson (Birmingham) - Lamar - Lauderdale - Lawrence - Lee - Limestone - Lowndes - Macon - Madison - Marengo - Marion - Marshall - Mobile (Mobile) - Monroe - Montgomery - Morgan - Perry - Pickens - Pike - Randolph - Russell - St. Clair - Shelby - Sumter - Talladega - Tallapoosa - Tuscaloosa - Walker - Washington - Wilcox - Winston|
Numbers of properties and districts
There are approximately 1,200 properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Alabama. The numbers of properties and districts in Alabama or in any of its 67 counties are not directly reported by the National Register. Following are tallies of current listings from lists of the specific properties and districts.
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alabama
- List of Alabama state parks
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in Alabama
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved January 27, 2023.
- These counts are the best available. There are frequent additions to the listings, and occasional delistings, and the counts here may not be perfectly updated. Also, not counted are most boundary increase listings, which increase the area covered by a historic district and which carry a separate National Register reference number.
- Red Mountain Suburbs Historic District is split between Birmingham and Mountain Brook.
- The following sites are listed in multiple counties: Seven Mile Island Archeological District (Colbert and Lauderdale), Wilson Dam (Colbert and Lauderdale.