Mississauga Library System
|Items collected||business directories, maps, books, periodicals, genealogy, local history,|
|Access and use|
|Circulation||7,301,788 (2012) |
The Library offers many services and programs such as story times, March Break activities and a telephone dial-a-story service. Resources range from advice to parents on choosing books to internet resources for kids.
- Information and reference services
- Access to full text databases
- Community information
- Internet access
- Reader's advisory services
- Programs for children, youth and adults
- Delivery to homebound individuals
- Interlibrary loan
- Free downloadable audiobooks
- e-books 
- Exam proctoring
The library system will eliminate late fees in 2022.
The Mississauga Central Library is located in the city centre at 301 Burnhamthorpe Road West, adjacent to the Mississauga Civic Centre. It is the largest branch of the Mississauga Library System, containing four floors of materials and a further floor for silent study, and has functioned as the main library for the system since its opening in 1991.
It was officially renamed to Hazel McCallion Central Library on 10 February 2021 (and affectionately nicknamed "Hazy Mac") in honour of the centennial birthday of the city's former mayor Hazel McCallion.
|Churchill Meadows||January 2007||Shares facilities with St. Joan of Arc Catholic Secondary School|
|Clarkson||1956||At current location since 2002.|
|Courtneypark||November 2004||Shares facilities with St. Marcellinus Secondary School|
|Erin Meadows||September 15, 2001||Shares facilities with St. Aloysius Gonzaga Secondary School|
|Meadowvale||1974||At current location since 2016. Shares facilities with Meadowvale Community Centre. It is located on the upper level.|
|Mississauga Valley||January 26, 1980|
|Port Credit||1962||$3.1 million renovation project completed in 2013, however due to the building structure issue, it closed since June 28, 2021|
|Sheridan||1976||At current location in Sheridan Mall since 2002.|
|South Common||1983||At current location since 1998. When it was located at 2227 South Millway Drive, the branch was known as Erin Mills South branch.|
|Woodlands||April 7, 1975||At current location since 2014.|
- Canadian Library Statistics: Public Library Statistics - 2012
- Cornwell, Steve (16 October 2021). "What will cost more or less in Mississauga next year? 4 things to know about the city's 2022 fees". Toronto Star. Retrieved 21 October 2021.
- "Central Library". Library Hours and Locations. City of Mississauga. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Draaisma, Muriel (10 February 2021). "Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion to celebrate 100th birthday on Sunday". CBC News. Retrieved 12 February 2021.
- "Hazel McCallion Honoured by City of Mississauga with 100th Birthday Celebration and Library Renaming". City of Mississauga. February 10, 2021. Archived from the original on February 22, 2021. Retrieved February 12, 2021.
- Official website