Ministry of Culture (Denmark)
The Ministry is located at Gammel Strand on Nybrogade opposite Slotsholmen. Originally, it was a three-winged building. Its construction started in 1729. In 1765, it was expanded with the complex with a new wing facing the canal which was designed was added by architect Philip de Lange (c. 1705-1766). The building served from 1759 to c. 1950 as site of the Royal Pawn (Det Kongelige Assistenshus).
The Danish Ministry of Culture was founded in 1961 with Julius Bomholt as its first minister. In 1962, the ministry moved in after the building had undergone a thorough restoration.
Agencies and institutions
- Danish Heritage Agency
- Danish Arts Foundation (Statens Kunstfond)
- Danish Libraries and Media Agency
- Nota Library and Expertise Center for people with print disabilities
- Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
- National Film School of Denmark
- Royal Danish Theatre's School of Ballet
- Danish Design School
- Royal School of Library and Information Science
- Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus/Aalborg
- Royal Danish Library
- Rikke Tønnes. "Philip de Lange". Den Store Danske. Gyldendal.
- Tania Ørum (2016). "Culture Wars in Denmark". In Tania Ørum; Jesper Olsson (eds.). A Cultural History of the Avant-Garde in the Nordic Countries 1950-1975. Leiden; Boston: Brill Rodopi. p. 106. ISBN 978-90-04-36174-4.
- "Gammel Strand – København". Museum of Copenhagen. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Kulturministeriet". Gyldendal. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- KUM English – Official website.