Milton Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||30 sq mi (80 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||5.0 mi (8.0 km)|
|1,453 ft (443 m)|
|• Density||10/sq mi (4.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-46900 |
|GNIS ID||477790 |
Milton Township covers an area of 36 square miles (93.2 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Burns.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Burns Catholic Church Cemetery, located in Section 33 T22S R5E.
- Burns City Cemetery, located in Section 33 T22S R5E.
- First Mennonite Church Cemetery, located in Section 29 T22S R5E.
U.S. Route 77 highway passes northwest to southeast through the township, and follows roughly parallel to the old railway.
- "Milton Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Milton". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived 2013-05-09 at the Wayback Machine
- First Mennonite Church of Burns; Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encycolopedia Online.
- Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT