Milton Township, Butler County, Kansas
|• Total||36.38 sq mi (94.21 km2)|
|• Land||36.32 sq mi (94.07 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.14 km2) 0.15%|
|Elevation||1,391 ft (424 m)|
|• Density||31.3/sq mi (12.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0473727|
Milton Township was created in 1873. It was named for Milton C. Snorf, a pioneer settler.
Milton Township covers an area of 36.38 square miles (94.2 km2) and contains one incorporated settlement, Whitewater. According to the USGS, it contains three cemeteries: Brainerd, Harder and Swiss. The stream of Dry Creek runs through this township.
- Mooney, Vol. P. (1916). History of Butler County Kansas. Standard Publishing Company. p. 171.
- Butler County Website
- Butler County Maps: Current, 1936