Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport
Martinique Aimé Césaire
Aéroport de Fort-de-France
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||16 ft / 5 m|
Sources: French AIP, Aeroport.fr
Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport (French: Aéroport international de Martinique-Aimé-Césaire, pronounced [maʁtinik ɛme sezɛːʁ]) (IATA: FDF, ICAO: TFFF) is the international airport of Martinique in the French West Indies. Located in Le Lamentin, a suburb of the capital Fort-de-France, it was opened in 1950 and renamed in 2007, after author and politician Aimé Césaire.
The airport is at an elevation of 16 ft (5 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,000 m × 45 m (9,843 ft × 148 ft). When Air Martinique existed, its headquarters was located on the airport property. The runway is of a length that can accommodate large jets, including 747s from France. On at least two occasions, the Concorde flew from Paris and landed at the airport in Martinique.
Passenger facilities include police, customs, baggage claim, pharmacy, vaccination bureau, handicap facilities, tobacconist, bank, money changing, souvenir shops, tax-free shopping, gift shop, florist, hairdresser, car rentals, taxi, parking, restaurants, cafés and bars, and two hotels (Hôtel La Galléria and Hôtel Valmenière).
Cargo facilities include a 747 freighter dock, bonded warehouse, transit zone, mechanical handling, heated storage, refrigerated storage, mortuary, fresh meat inspection, health officials, very large/heavy cargo, and an express/courier centre.
Airlines and destinations
|Air Antilles||Barbados, Castries, Dominica–Douglas-Charles, Pointe-à-Pitre, Santo Domingo–Las Américas|
|Air Caraïbes||Castries, Paris–Orly, Pointe-à-Pitre|
|Air France||Cayenne, Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Paris–Orly, Pointe-à-Pitre|
|Air Transat||Seasonal: Montréal–Trudeau|
|Condor||Seasonal charter: Frankfurt|
|Corsair International|| Paris–Orly|
|Gol Transportes Aéreos||Seasonal charter: São Paulo–Guarulhos|
|Sky High Aviation Services||Santo Domingo–Las Américas|
|Wamos Air||Seasonal charter: Milan–Malpensa|
|DHL Aviation||Castries, Grenada, Pointe-à-Pitre, Port of Spain, Saint Vincent-Argyle, Sint Maarten|
|FedEx Express||Castries, San Juan|
- TFFF – FORT DE FRANCE LE LAMENTIN. AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 8 September 2022.
- "Résultats d'activité des aéroports français 2018" (PDF). aeroport.fr. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 31 March 1984. .
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 17–23 March 1999. 43. "Aéroport du Lamentin, Fort de France, 97232, Martinique"
- Nodin, Joseph (8 July 2015). "Il y a 20 ans le Concorde atterrissait en Martinique pour l'inauguration de l'aérogare". Martinique 1ère. Archived from the original on 11 July 2015. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- Official website (in French)
- Aéroport de Fort-de-France Le Lamentin, official page (in French)
- Aéroport de Fort-de-France – Le Lamentin at L'Union des Aéroports Français (in French)
- Le Lamentin Airport at azworldairports.com
- All the news from the airport Martinique TFFF -(French)