List of airports in the Okanagan
The Okanagan is a region located in the British Columbia Interior of Canada that contains five airports, seven heliports, and two water aerodromes. Of the five cities based in the Okanagan, three of them contain aviation services. Vernon contains two: the Vernon Regional Airport and Vernon/Wildlife Water Aerodrome, while Kelowna provides the same number: the Kelowna International Airport and Kelowna (General Hospital) Heliport. The Penticton Regional Airport and the Penticton Regional Hospital Heliport are situated in Penticton, making a total of two aviation services offered in the city. At one time there was a water aerodrome, Penticton Water Aerodrome, in the city. Despite this, the Enderby and Armstrong cities contain no aviation services.
There are also communities that are not cities in the Okanagan, many of which also maintain aviation services. Winfield, a town located within the Lake Country district, provides the Winfield (Wood Lake) Water Aerodrome. The West Kelowna district provides two heliports: the Kelowna (Alpine) Heliport and Kelowna (Wildcat Helicopters) Heliport, while the unincorporated community of Naramata offers the Naramata Heliport. Meanwhile, the towns of Oliver and Osoyoos are home to the Oliver Municipal Airport and Osoyoos Airport. The districts of Peachland and Summerland, along with the town of Oyama in Lake Country, do not provide aviation services.
Two of the airports in the Okanagan provide public commercial flights to other destinations: the Kelowna International Airport which is part of the National Airports System and Penticton Regional Airport. While the Kelowna International Airport serves as the only international airport in the Okanagan area and handles 62 commercial flights a day, the Penticton Regional Airport provides three commercial flights daily, with one fewer on Sunday, to one location: the Vancouver International Airport. A number of other airports in the Okanagan are generally used for personal events, or skydiving, although some have no facilities.
The following list contains airports, heliports, or water aerodromes that are located in the Okanagan region of British Columbia, Canada. It includes the airport name, location, type, usage, codes of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO airport code) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA airport code), as well as the Transport Canada location identifier (TC LID) code, and coordinates of the airport's location. ICAO and IATA codes are not given for airports which were closed or converted to general aviation before being issued such codes. As shown in the following list, each airport contains certain codes that are given, but not all of the three. Airports are sorted in line with their listing in the Canada Flight Supplement.
|Name||Community||Type||Use||ICAO||TC LID||IATA||Runway length||Coordinates||Ref(s)|
|Kelowna International Airport||Kelowna||Airport||Public||CYLW||YLW||8,900 ft
|Kelowna (Alpine) Heliport||West Kelowna||Heliport||Private||CAB7||86 ft
(26 m) diameter
|Kelowna (Argus) Heliport||Kelowna||Heliport||Private||CRG2||105 ft × 51 ft
(32 m × 16 m)
|Kelowna (General Hospital) Heliport||Kelowna||Heliport||Private||CKH9||86 ft × 86 ft
(26 m × 26 m)
|Kelowna/Ikon Adventures Heliport||Kelowna||Heliport||Private||CIA2||64 ft
(20 m) diameter
|Kelowna (Wildcat Helicopters) Heliport||West Kelowna||Heliport||Private||CWC2||90 ft × 90 ft
(27 m × 27 m)
|Naramata Heliport||Naramata||Heliport||Private||CNM6||75 ft × 75 ft
(23 m × 23 m)
|Oliver Municipal Airport||Oliver||Airport||Public||CAU3||3,200 ft
|Osoyoos Airport||Osoyoos||Airport||Public||CBB9||2,477 ft
|Penticton Regional Airport||Penticton||Airport||Public||CYYF||YYF||6,000 ft
|Penticton Regional Hospital Heliport||Penticton||Heliport||Private||CPH6||86 ft × 86 ft
(26 m × 26 m)
|Vernon Regional Airport||Vernon||Airport||Public||CYVK||YVE||3,517 ft
|Vernon/Wildlife Water Aerodrome||Vernon||Water aerodrome||Private||CVW2||—|||
|Winfield (Wood Lake) Water Aerodrome||Winfield||Water aerodrome||Public||CAY9||—|||
- List of airports in the Gulf Islands
- List of airports in the Lower Mainland
- List of airports in the Prince Rupert area
- List of airports on Vancouver Island
- List of airports in Greater Victoria
- "Destinations". Kelowna. Archived from the original on October 28, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 16 July 2020 to 0901Z 10 September 2020.
- Nav Canada's Water Aerodrome Supplement. Effective 0901Z 26 March 2020 to 0901Z 22 April 2021.
- Gaffney, Biaine (October 28, 2010). "Helipad unveiled in Kelowna". Global News. Retrieved December 15, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Penticton Regional Airport". Penticton Regional Airport. Archived from the original on November 25, 2012. Retrieved November 22, 2012. Note: Information is listed under the arrivals and departures headings.
- National Airports System
- "About YLW". Kelowna. Archived from the original on February 3, 2013. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- "Skydivers entertain at Oliver airport". Oliver Daily News. August 20, 2011. Archived from the original on September 17, 2011. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Airport". Osoyoos. Archived from the original on January 15, 2013. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- Rolke, Richard (April 1, 2011). "Airport concerns take flight". The Morning Star. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "AWWS – Forecasts and Observations". Nav Canada. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Airport". Oliver. Archived from the original on October 31, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Penticton Airport Car Rentals (YYF Airport)". Budget Rent a Car. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Welcome to the Vernon Regional Airport". Vernon. Archived from the original on December 18, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.