Liberty Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||36 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|1,362 ft (415 m)|
|• Density||8.9/sq mi (3.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-40225 |
|GNIS ID||477341 |
Liberty Township covers an area of 36 square miles (93.2 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Hillsboro (south of D Street). The north part is located in Risley Township.
- Ghost town of Gnadenau.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Alexanderfeld Cemetery (a.k.a. Church of God in Christ Cemetery), located in Section 4 T20S R2E.
- Ebenfeld Mennonite Brethren Church Cemetery, located in Section 25 T20S R2E.
- Gard Cemetery, located in Section 24 T20S R2E.
- Gnadenau Church Cemetery #1 (There are no stones, records are in Library at Tabor College), located in Section 11 T20S R2E.
- Gnadenau Church Cemetery #2 (a.k.a. Parkview Cemetery) (a.k.a. Grace Meadow Cemetery), located in Section 9 T20S R2E.
- Haven of Rest Cemetery (includes Ebenezer of Bruderthal and First Mennonite sections), located in Section 2 T20S R2E.
- Hope Valley Cemetery, located in Section 17 T20S R2E.
- Jost Cemetery, located in Section 5 T20S R2E.
- Mennonite Brethren Church Cemetery of Hillsboro, located in Section 3 T20S R2E.
- Salem Orphan's Home Cemetery, located in Section 2 T20S R2E.
No major highways or railroads pass through the township.
- "Liberty Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Liberty". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT