Karte Char (Dari: کارته چهار), literally Fourth Quarter, is a neighborhood in western Kabul, Afghanistan, part of District 3. It is located by the Sevom Aqrab Road that goes to Kote Sangi, and is located very close to Kabul University, Kabul Zoo, the Gardens of Babur and the Darulaman Road. It is a planned and urbanized locality but it suffered greatly during the 1990s civil war and was one of the city's worst-hit. Karte Seh is located south across the Chamcheh Mast river crossed by Pul-e Surkh (the Red Bridge).
- Nur Muhammad Taraki until 1979
- "Shahr-e Now". Mapcarta. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- Forbidden Lessons In A Kabul Guesthouse: The True Story of a Woman Who Risked Everything to Bring Hope to Afghanistan by Suraya Sadeed
- West of Kabul, East of San Francisco: An Autobiography by Ehsan M. Entezar
- Afghanistan's Two-Party Communism: Parcham and Khalq by Anthony Arnold