Iulius Town Timișoara
|Address||2 Council of Europe Square|
|Opening date||20 October 2005|
|Previous names||Openville Timișoara (2015–2019)|
|Owner||Iulius Group–Atterbury Europe|
|No. of stores and services||450|
|Total retail floor area||120,000 m2 (1,300,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||5|
Iulius Town Timișoara (until 2019 Openville Timișoara) is the name of a mixed-use development, edge city and shopping mall located in Timișoara, Romania. Owned by the Iulius Group –Atterbury Europe consortium, the project was conceived from the beginning to integrate Iulius Mall, now completed with office, retail and entertainment functions. The mixed project includes, in addition to the shopping area, a park, event rooms, offices, a health center, a cinema and over 4,000 parking spaces. Over 442 million euros were invested in the first phase of the project, partially inaugurated in August 2019, being one of the largest infusions of private capital in the real estate sector ever made in Romania. The estimated annual traffic for Iulius Town is over 20 million visitors.
Iulius Mall Timișoara, the second mall within the Iulius national network, was inaugurated on 20 October 2005, following an initial investment of 45 million euros. It was developed on a site that hosted antennas mounted in the 1940s and that remained undervalued in the early 2000s. Iulius GroupIași, Suceava and Cluj-Napoca. At the time of its inauguration, Iulius Mall Timișoara was the first mall in western Romania.was founded in 1991 by Iulian Dascălu, and the company currently owns three other malls in
In 2005, Iulius Mall Timișoara had a gross leasable area of 31,000 m2, which was then expanded to 73,000 m2 in 2009 and over 120,000 m2 in 2019. The mall has: 4,070 parking spaces, 450 stores, including a 11,500-square-meter Auchan hypermarket, a 12-screen Cinema City cinema, a 2,500-seat food court, full-service restaurants, bars and cafés, a semi-Olympic swimming pool and largest fitness club in Romania (over 3,400 m2), a climbing wall and ice rink (during the winter season), a bowling and billiard hall, a casino, indoor playgrounds and play areas, banks, police offices (vehicle registration and passport services) and a post office.
Iulius Gardens have an area of 5.5 ha, being the largest suspended park in Romania. The park involved an investment of 8.7 million euros and was carried out by a team of specialists from Italy, Germany and Romania. Arranged above the underground car park in the complex, the green space integrates 10,000 shrubs and 1,400 large trees. Iulius Gardens also include an 800-square-meter lake, a multi-storey Venetian carousel for children, a gazebo, promenades and plazas for outdoor events and fairs.
United Business Center
Iulius Town includes in the first stage of development over 100,000 m2 of Class A office space in four buildings, employing about 13,000 people. The first three buildings are operational, with tenants including multinational IT, automotive and customer support companies. The fourth office building, under construction, will be the tallest building in Romania. United Business Center 0 will include 52,000 m2 of office space, a 3,000-square-meter medical hub, restaurants, shops and a conference center.
|Completed||Topped out||Under construction||On hold||Presumably|
|Name||Started||Completed||Height||Floors||Gross leasable area||Notes|
|United Business Center 0||2017||2022 (phase I)
Unknown (phase II)
|155 m||27||32,000 m2 (phase I)
52,000 m2 (phase II)
|Once completed, it will become the tallest building in Romania.|
|United Business Center 1||2017||52 m||12||13,000 m2|
|United Business Center 2||2017||54 m||12||18,000 m2||It is the first office building put into use in the Iulius Town Timișoara.|
|United Business Center 3||2017||2019||68 m||15||19,000 m2|
|United Business Center 4||60 m||10|
|United Business Center 5||60 m||10|
- Roșu, Roxana (15 May 2019). "Openville Timișoara, proiect imobiliar de 220 mil. euro, este rebranduit sub numele Iulius Town și va fi cea mai mare zonă de retail din vestul României". Ziarul Financiar.
- "Iulius Town Timișoara a fost inaugurat, valoarea investiției totale ridicându-se la 442 de milioane de euro". Forbes România. 30 August 2019.
- "Extinderea Iulius Mall Timișoara, o investiție de 60 mil. euro, gata în noiembrie". Wall-Street.ro. 20 October 2009.
- "15 ani de IULIUS în Timișoara – o zonă industrială transformată în lifestyle center". Mediafax. 28 October 2020.
- Mareș, Cătălina (7 May 2021). "Unde se află, de fapt, cel mai mare mall din România și ce suprafață are". Money.ro.
- "S-a deschis Iulius Town în Timișoara, un proiect mixt în valoare de 442 de milioane de euro". Economica.net. 30 August 2019.
- Drăgan, Aurel (30 August 2019). "Iulius Town opens in Timișoara after EUR 327 million investment". Business Review.
- David, Mihai (4 May 2020). "Cea mai înaltă clădire de birouri din România. Cum s-a înălțat construcția de la începutul pandemiei de coronavirus". Adevărul.
- Both, Ștefan (4 October 2022). "A patra clădire cu pereți de sticlă de la Iulius Town a fost inaugurată. Consum de apă redus cu 40%". Adevărul.
- "United Business Center 0". CTBUH.
- Vasiliu, Alina-Elena (27 October 2020). "Schimbare de strategie: Grupul Iulius inaugurează cea mai înaltă clădire de birouri din România cu doar 15 etaje în 2021 și o va înălța mai departe până la 27 de etaje abia în 2022". Ziarul Financiar.
- Stanciu, Marius Alexandru (4 December 2017). "Iulius a inaugurat o nouă clădire de spații de birouri în Openville Timișoara, a doua în decursul acestui an". Wall-Street.ro.
- "United Business Center 1". CTBUH.
- "United Business Center 2". CTBUH.
- Dichis, Bianca (2 July 2020). "United Business Center 3 din ansamblul Iulius Town Timișoara, singura clădire office certificată LEED Platinum din afara Capitalei". Opinia Timișoarei.
- "United Business Center 3". CTBUH.
- "Hotărârea nr. 293/2015". Timișoara HCL.