International Indian School, Dammam
|International Indian School Dammam|
Rakah Al Shamaliyah,
|Former name||Indian Embassy School, Dammam|
|Motto||In Quest of Excellence|
|Patron saint(s)||H.E. Dr. Ausaf Sayeed|
|Established||10 October 1982|
|Session||1 April to 31 March|
|Chairman||Mr. Moazzam Dadan|
|Age||3.5 to 17|
|Number of students||21000|
|Classes||LKG to Class XII|
|Campuses||2 (boys' section and girls' section)|
|Campus size||9.8 acres (4.0 ha)|
|Houses||Amethyst, Garnet, Sapphire, Topaz, Diamond, Emerald|
International Indian School Dammam (IISD) (formerly Indian Embassy School Dammam) is an English-medium K-12 Indian school in Saudi Arabia led by Mahenaz Farid. It is the largest school in the MENA region by number of students. Most of its 14000+ students come from in and around Ad-Dammam, Al-Khobar, Abqaiq, Al Qatif, Al-Hofuf, and Ras tanura. The School is part of Global International Indian Schools including International Indian School, Riyadh, International Indian School Jeddah.
The school was established in 1982 with 250 students and 15 teachers in a few portable cabins and inaugurated by the then Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. In 2006, it was divided into two separate buildings, with separate campuses for girls and boys, at a total 9.8 acres.
In 2022, the school has 14,160 students, over 650 teachers, 30 administrative staff, and 67 janitorial staff on hire from a local contractor. It has a fleet of 65 buses on hire from a private company. It is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education and has three streams – Arts, Science and Commerce.
The Ambassador of India is the patron of IIS Dammam. The school is governed by a Managing Committee which lays down broad policies and guidelines, leaving the principal and staff to conduct day-to-day affairs.
Members of the School Managing Committee:
- Mr. Moazzam Dadan(Chairman)
- Syed Mohammad Firoz Ashraf
- Shabash Khasim
- Misbahullah Ansari (first alumnus in school history to be a member)
- Sadia Irfan Khan
- Sanoj Gopalakrishna Pillai
- "Home". International Indian School Dammam. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- Hussain, Sadiq (2 April 2016). "IISD: A unique school with exceptional achievements". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "PRINCIPAL SPEAKS". International Indian School, Dammam. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "School Profile". International Indian School, Dammam. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- Members of the School Managing Committee
- International Indian School Dammam
- Hussain, Sadiq (2 April 2016). "IISD: A unique school with exceptional achievements". Saudi Gazette.