|Headquarters||GIFT City, Gandhinagar, India|
|India, Middle East|
|Services||Online payments, Internet services (data centres, domains), e-commerce software|
|Revenue||₹1175 crores (FY21-22)|
Number of employees
|650 (in 2022)|
Infibeam Avenues Limited is an Indian payment infrastructure and software as a service (SaaS) fintech company that provides digital payment services, eCommerce platforms, digital lending, data cloud storage and omnichannel enterprise software to businesses across industries in India and globally.
Through its flagship brand, CCAvenue, the business dominates the payment infrastructure market, processing more than $ 49 billion in online payments.
Ex- Amazon executive Vishal Mehta, a Cornell University, USA and MIT, USA graduate, who went on to play a key role in revitalizing technology at Amazon.com in the US; decided to return to India in 2007 and founded Infibeam to build one of the prominent fintech company. The company was started with an initial capital of ₹10-15 crore.
Infibeam Avenues Ltd has more than 6.4 million merchants, which increased to an average of 8,000 per day in Q1'23 and could grow significantly due to the mass adoption of digitalization, uses Infibeam’s platform & payment infrastructure and has panned out in overseas markets like the USA, KSA UAE, and Australia.
On September 7, 2022, Infibeam Avenues launched its omni-channel mobile app CCAvenue TapPay that allows businesses and entrepreneurs to convert any NFC-enabled Android phone into smart PoS terminals.
Infibeam’s flagship brand CCAvenue provides digital payment gateway service. CCAvenue Payment Gateway provides multiple payment options and is available in 18 different languages and collects payments in 27 major foreign currencies. CCAvenue also provides a secure link between websites, institutions, and banks in the transaction.
CCAvenue’s 'TokenPay' help merchants to comply with Reserve Bank of India's data security norms by securing multi-network tokenisation, which works across major card networks, including MasterCard, RuPay, and Visa.
Infibeam Avenue Ltd has lending aggregating platform -Trust Avenue. The company did AI-based lending for 3 million merchants through tie-ups with banks and NBFCs.
Enterprise ecommerce software platform
Infibeam Avenues' enterprise ecommerce software platform BuildaBazaar hosts India's largest online marketplace for government procurement. The company also entered into a definitive agreement with Jio Platforms to offer its enterprise software licence and enterprise digital payments platform to Jio Platforms and its associates for their internal businesses.
On November 20, 2017, Infibeam Avenues launched BillAvenue, an inter-operable digital bill payments platform built over the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) infrastructure to enable service providers to accept bill payments from customers nationwide, through both online and offline channels.
Data Centre infrastructure services
The company forayed into the segment of infrastructure or data centre-as-a-service, and built a state-of-the-art Tier-III data centre in GIFT City, Gandhinagar. It received Tier-III design certification from Uptime Institute as it is equipped with fully redundant and dual-powered servers, storage, network links and other IT components. Infibeam Avenues has partnered with IBM India to develop implement and promote blockchain capabilities on the LinuxOne platform, the first of its kind in India.
Mergers & Acquisitions
|2022||Investment||Vishko22||Vishko22 is a software startup that develops omnichannel enterprise software products and services for domestic and international ecommerce marketplaces.||Acquired 50% stake|||
|2022||Acquisition||SoftPOS||SoftPOS startup Uvik Technologies||Rs 75 crore|||
|2020||Acquisition||Cardpay Technologies Ltd.||Bengaluru-based Cardpay Technologies provides unified spend management platform to corporates||NA|||
|2018||Acquisition||Instant Global Paytech Pvt. Ltd (IGPL)||Mumbai-based digital payments tech firm Instant Global Paytech Pvt. Ltd (IGPL), which operates Go Payments||Acquired 48% stake|||
|2017||Merger||CCAvenue||Infibeam and Avenues (India) Private Limited entered into a binding agreement to merge and take control of CCAvenue through Equity Stake||NA|||
|2017||Acquisition||DRC Systems India Pvt Ltd||Infibeam Avenues acquired DRC Systems India Pvt Ltd, a company which provides software services for enterprise E-commerce, ERP and related fields||MoU|||
|2014||Acquisition||Odigma||Infibeam acquired Odigma, a digital marketing company||$5 million|||
|2020||License deal||Jio Platforms||The company signed a deal to license its e-commerce and payment software with Jio Platforms, Reliance Jio's digital platform venture||Active|||
|2020||Agreement||JPMorgan Chase Bank||Infibeam Avenues entered into a definitive agreement with JPMorgan Chase Bank to use the company's flagship enterprise payment platform CCAvenue for processing transactions for its enterprise clients||Active|||
|2020||Partnership||Bank Dhofar SAOG||Infibeam Avenues partnered with Oman's Bank Dhofar SAOG to provide CCAvenue payment gateway service to process online card transactions of various payment networks for Bank Dhofar SAOG and help the bank authorize online payments for its customers||Active|||
|2020||Partnership||Bank Muscat||Infibeam Avenues collaborated with Bank Muscat, a financial services provider in the Sultanate of Oman||Active|||
|2019||Partnership||Riyad Bank||Infibeam Avenues partnered with Riyad Bank for digital payments services||Active|||
|2017||Contract||Government e Marketplace||Infibeam Avenues along with consortium partners entered a contract for managed service provider from the Government of India to design, develop, implement, operate and maintain the Government e-Marketplace portal (GeM)||Active|||
Awards and recognition
- In February 2018, Infibeam was ranked 418th in The Financial Times' and Statista's FT1000 High Growth Companies Asia - Pacific 2018.
- "Infibeam Avenues Yearly Results, Financial summary, Infibeam Avenues Yearly Earnings". The Economic Times.
- Dutta, Vishal (19 August 2019). "Fintech firm Suvidhaa plans e-commerce foray". The Economic Times.
- "Migration Message" (PDF). Suvideals.ooo.
- "Infibeam creates history". Business India.
- S. Prem Kumar. "Infibeam's double-edged strategy". The Smart CEO. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- S. Prem Kumar. "Infibeam's double-edged strategy". The Smart CEO. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Suresh P. Iyengar (6 October 2013). "No competitors here, all are partners". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Infibeam enters into an agreement with Reliance Jio for its enterprise solutions". Moneycontrol.
- Suneja, Kirtika; Agarwal, Surabhi. "Intellect, Infibeam bag contract for government marketplace". The Economic Times.
- "Infibeam Avenues Ltd deepens its reach in digital payments". EquityBulls. 4 January 2023.
- "Infibeam Avenues launches mobile app with TapPay feature". The Economic Times.
- Umarji, Vinay (4 November 2021). "Infibeam's CCAvenue starts TokenPay to help merchants comply with RBI norms". Business-standard.com.
- "Infibeam Avenues plans AI-based lending for its 3 million merchants through tie-ups with banks, NBFCs". Financialexpress.
- "TTK Prestige Announces e-Commerce Alliance with Infibeam.com". The Economic Times. 21 January 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- S. Prem Kumar. "Infibeam's double-edged strategy". The Smart CEO. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Infibeam.com & NDTV Enter Into eCommerce Alliance". Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Hidesign Website Uses Infibeam.com's Technology Platform". Efytimes.com. 19 May 2010. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Infibeam subsidiary Avenues India launches BillAvenue - ET Retail". ETRetail.com.
- George, Aaron St. "Infibeam Avenues receives Tier III Design Certification from Uptime Institute for its Data Center - equitybulls.com". uptimeinstitute.com.
- "Infibeam Avenues Limited". ibm.com.
- "Infibeam Avenues partners with IBM to deploy blockchain solutions in India". Techcircle. 21 December 2018.
- "Infibeam Avenues invests in software startup Vishko22". The Economic Times.
- Vora, Rutam (7 February 2022). "Infibeam to bring technology that converts smartphones into 'payment terminals'". Thehindubusinessline.com.
- "Infibeam Avenues acquires Cardpay Technologies". The Economic Times.
- "Infibeam Avenues invests in Instant Global Paytech". www.businesstoday.in.
- "Infibeam set to merge payment gateway firm CCAvenue with itself". Techcircle. 14 February 2017.
- Dutta, Vishal. "Infibeam acquires cloud ERP solutions provider DRC Systems". The Economic Times.
- "Infibeam acquires digital marketing firm ODigMa for $5 mn". Business Standard India. 24 February 2014.
- "Infibeam Avenues signs deal to license ecommerce and payment software to Jio Platforms". The Economic Times. 5 October 2020. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- Market, Capital (14 October 2020). "Infibeam Avenues rises on signing agreement with JP Morgan". Business Standard India.
- "Infibeam Avenues inks deal with Oman's Bank Dhofar for online payments". The Financial Express. 9 October 2020.
- Dave, Sachin. "Infibeam enters Oman e-commerce market, ties up with Bank Muscat". The Economic Times.
- Dutta, Vishal. "Riyad Bank: CCAvenue collaborates with Riyad Bank to make inroads into Saudi Arabia's digital payment space". The Economic Times.
- "FT 1000: High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific". ig.ft.com. Retrieved 14 June 2018.