Doyle Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||35.5 sq mi (92 km2)|
|• Length||6.5 mi (10.5 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|1,375 ft (419 m)|
|• Density||1.7/sq mi (0.65/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-18550 |
|GNIS ID||477381 |
Doyle Township is a township in Marion County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the township population was 60, not including the city of Florence. Doyle was first settled by Euro-Americans in 1858.
Doyle Township covers an area of 35.5 square miles (91.9 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Florence (east part). The west part of Florence is located in Fairplay Township.
- Ghost town of Hampson.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Florence City Cemetery (aka Hillcrest Cemetery), located in Section 6 T21S R5E.
- "Doyle Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Doyle". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 17, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT