Gale Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||34 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|1,348 ft (411 m)|
|• Density||6.4/sq mi (2.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-25075 |
|GNIS ID||477230 |
Gale Township covers an area of 34 square miles (88.1 km2). The Marion Reservoir is located in the township.
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Brunk Cemetery (no longer in use), located in Section 31 T19S R3E.
- Canada Cemetery, located in Section 28 T19S R3E.
- Mennonite Church Ebenezer of Bruderthal Cemetery (in 1965 while Marion Reservoir was built, it was moved to "Haven of Rest" in Liberty Township), located in Section 19 T19S R3E.
- Strassburg Cemetery, located in Section 14 T19S R3E.
- "Gale Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Gale". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT