Fairplay Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: 38°14′03″N 96°59′23″W / 38.2340855°N 96.9898118°W / 38.2340855; -96.9898118Coordinates: 38°14′03″N 96°59′23″W / 38.2340855°N 96.9898118°W / 38.2340855; -96.9898118|
|• Total||45 sq mi (120 km2)|
|• Length||8.0 mi (12.9 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|1,371 ft (418 m)|
|• Density||1.1/sq mi (0.43/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-22350 |
|GNIS ID||477371 |
Fairplay Township is a township in Marion County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the township population was 107, not including the city of Florence.
Fairplay Township covers an area of 45 square miles (116.5 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Florence (west part). The east part of Florence is located in Doyle Township.
- Ghost town of Oursler.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Allison Cemetery (no longer in use), located in Section 13 T21S R4E.
- St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery (aka Mount Calvary Cemetery), located in Section 14 T21S R5E.
U.S. Route 50 and U.S. Route 77 pass through the township.
- ^ a b c d e "Fairplay Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- ^ a b "2010 Total Population - Township of Fairplay". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- ^ a b Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT