Fairplay Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||45 sq mi (120 km2)|
|• Length||8.0 mi (12.9 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|1,371 ft (418 m)|
|• Density||1.1/sq mi (0.43/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-22350 |
|GNIS ID||477371 |
Fairplay Township covers an area of 45 square miles (116.5 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
- City of Florence (west part). The east part of Florence is located in Doyle Township.
- Ghost town of Oursler.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Allison Cemetery (no longer in use), located in Section 13 T21S R4E.
- St. Patrick's Catholic Cemetery (aka Mount Calvary Cemetery), located in Section 14 T21S R5E.
- "Fairplay Township, Marion County, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Fairplay". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 9, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
- Marion County website
- Marion County maps: Current, Historic, KDOT