Dupcheshwor Rural Municipality
|Established||10 March 2017|
|• Type||Rural Council|
|• Chairperson||Mr. Shankar Bahadur Thapa|
|• Vice-chairperson||Mrs. Makuri Tamang|
|• Term of office||(2012 - 2026)|
|• Total||131.62 km2 (50.82 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (Nepal Standard Time)|
Dupcheshwor is a Rural municipality located within the Nuwakot District of the Bagmati Province of Nepal. The municipality spans 131.62 square kilometres (50.82 sq mi) of area, with a total population of 22,106 according to a 2011 Nepal census.
On March 10, 2017, the Government of Nepal restructured the local level bodies into 753 new local level structures. The previous Ghyangphedi, Gaunkharka, Rautbesi, Beteni Balkumari, Samundratar and Shikharbesi VDCs were merged to form Dupcheshwor Rural Municipality. Dupcheshwor is divided into 7 wards, with Samundratar declared the administrative center of the rural municipality.
- "District Corrected Last for RAJAPATRA" (PDF). www.mofald.gov.np. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "स्थानीय तहहरुको विवरण" [Details of the local level bodies]. www.mofald.gov.np/en (in Nepali). Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "New local level structure comes into effect from today". www.thehimalayantimes.com. The Himalayan Times. 10 March 2017. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "New local level units come into existence". www.kathmandupost.ekantipur.com. 11 March 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- official website of the rural municipality