Derweze District (abolished)
Derweze etraby (2013-2018)
Ruhabat etraby (2001-2013)
|Capital||G. Orazov obasy|
Derweze District is a former district of Ahal Province in Turkmenistan. Before October 2001 it was known as Ashgabat District. In 2013 Ruhabat District was renamed Derweze District and part of it was annexed by the city of Ashgabat as the Ruhabat District of that city. Ruhabat District of Ashgabat was then abolished in 2018.
Derweze District of Ahal Province was subsequently abolished and its territory assigned to Gökdepe District. As of 2021 it was no longer listed among the districts of Ahal Province on the provincial government's official website.
On October 22, 2008, a new textile factory was officially opened in the district, providing jobs for 550 people. The factory specializes in velvet and is designed to produce one million meters of printed and painted silk velvet per year. The factory was built by the Turkish company "5M Inşaat Tekstil Ithalat Sanayi Ticaret LTD Sti" but the framework for the factory was established as a result of intergovernmental agreements between Turkmenistan and the People's Republic of China. The total cost of the project was 28.75 million U.S. dollars. The equipment for the factory was supplied by the Chinese company "Jum Shui".
- Ахалский Велаят Archived September 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Turkmenistan Districts
- "Ашхабадский этрап (район) переименован в Рухабатский". Turkmenistan.ru. October 7, 2001. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Ашхабад прирос новыми территориями
- "Изменения в административной карте столицы Туркменистана и ее прилегающих территорий | Политика | ИП "ТУРКМЕНинформ"" (in Russian). Turkmeninform. 28 May 2013.
- "405-IV Aşgabat şäheriniň hem-de Ahal welaýatynyň doiandyryş-çäk meseleleri hakynda" (PDF) (in Turkmen). Parliament of Turkmenistan. 24 May 2013.
- "Летопись эпохи могущества и счастья – год 2013" (in Russian). «Туркменистан: золотой век». 27 January 2014.
- "Меджлис Туркменистана принял Постановление о вопросах административно-территориального деления города Ашхабада" (in Russian). «Туркменистан: золотой век». 5 January 2018.
- "Хякимлик Ахалского велаята / О нас" (in Russian and Turkmen). Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Turkmenistan A Velvet Factory is Opened". Turkish Weekly. October 24, 2008. Archived from the original on April 11, 2010. Retrieved June 23, 2009.