Dashoguz International Airport
Daşoguz halkara howa menzili
Международный аэропорт Дашогуз
|Operator||Turkmenhowayollary Agency |
|Location||Daşoguz, Daşoguz Region, Turkmenistan|
Source: AIP Turkmenistan 
Dashoguz International Airport (Turkmen: Daşoguz halkara howa menzili) (IATA: TAZ, ICAO: UTAT) (also spelled Daşoguz) is a major airport in Daşoguz Region, Turkmenistan located 15 km southwest of Daşoguz. The airport mostly serves scheduled domestic destinations. The airport services airliners and helicopters of all sizes, including planes as large as the Boeing 747, and the Il-96.
Since 1940, it has allowed flights from Chardzhou-To‘rtko‘l-Tashauz. In the Soviet period, there were regular flights to Moscow, Leningrad, Tashkent, Ashgabat, Ufa, Mineralnye Vody and other airports in the USSR.
On 10 October 1973, due to a malfunction of the fuel system, a Li-2 plane crashed near the airport. 5 people were killed. After this incident, the aircraft maintenance of the Li-2 in civil aviation of the USSR was discontinued.
The new terminal building was opened in 1984.
Reconstruction of the terminal building, with modern equipment was completed in 2009. The airport terminal is allowed to serve up to 300 passengers per hour.
In 2013, building of an air traffic control tower with a height of 50 metres started along with main and connecting taxiways and an apron for aircraft worth $200 million. The project created an artificial runway length of 3800 metres, 5 taxiways and an apron for aircraft parking. There are plans for the construction of a passenger terminal building with 4 gates and a capacity for 500 passengers per hour along with the building of a VIP terminal and other buildings and structures.
In 2015, the Ukrainian company Altcom reconstructed the runway, its dimensions were increased to 3800 × 60 metres (there are 2 × 7.5 metres shoulders). The aerodrome is equipped with modern aeronautical and automated meteorological technical means.
Airlines and destinations
|Turkmenistan Airlines||Ashgabat, Kerki, Mary, Türkmenbaşy|
|Turkmenistan Airlines||Ashgabat, Mary, Türkmenbaşy|
The Daşoguzawtoulag company offers services at Daşoguz Airport. The taxi rank and bus stop is located just outside the arrivals hall.
- "Общая информация".
- AIP Turkmenistan Archived 2013-03-31 at the Wayback Machine
- "Катастрофа Ли-2 Туркменского УГА близ а/п Ташауз (борт СССР-71209), 10 октября 1973 года. // AirDisaster.ru - авиационные происшествия, инциденты и авиакатастрофы в СССР и России - факты, история, статистика".
- "Украинские строители завершили сооружение взлетной полосы в аэропорту Дашогуз в Туркмении".
- "Украинская компания "Альтком" успешно строит новый аэропорт Дашогуза - Новости Туркменистана". Archived from the original on 2019-04-23. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- "Видео". Archived from the original on 2016-08-27. Retrieved 2015-12-18.
- Украинские строители завершили сооружение взлетной полосы в аэропорту Дашогуз в Туркмении
- "Flight History of EZ-F429 (Turkmenistan Airlines)-11 May 2023". FlightAware.
- "Flight History of EZ-F430". Flightradar24. Retrieved 11 May 2023.
- "OUR SERVICES".
- Official web-site
- New runway Archived 2015-12-22 at the Wayback Machine