|County||Bor South County (since 2016) |
Cuei-keer (often spelled Chuei keer) is a boma in Kolnyang payam, Bor South County, Jonglei State, South Sudan. It is located about 40 kilometers southeast of Bor, and serves as the county headquarters for Bor South County. Cuei-keer figures in a popular saying as the southernmost boma of Greater Bor, which runs "from Cuei-keer to Cuei-thon."
According to the Fifth Population and Housing Census of Sudan, conducted in April 2008, Cuei-keer boma had a population of 6,804 people, composed of 3,989 male and 2,815 female residents.[note 1]
- The census table spells Cuei-keer with a "Ch" as Chuei-keer. In 2008, at the time of the census, Cuei-keer was located in Bor South County. The data collected during the Fifth Population and Housing Census of Sudan were to be the primary source of information for decisions about the number and demarcation of electoral constituencies and administrative boundaries in what was then southern Sudan. South Sudanese officials rejected census results for southern Sudan. See Darfur Relief and Documentation Centre (2010). 5th Population and Housing Census in Sudan – An Incomplete Exercise (PDF) (Report). Darfur Relief and Documentation Centre, Geneva (Switzerland). Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017. Also, see Demographics of South Sudan.
- Mading, Juuk Othana (3 May 2016). "Governor Establishes Additional Counties In Jonglei". Gurtong. Bor, South Sudan. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- Peter, Mach Samuel (15 September 2016). "Breaking News: Names of the 14 County Commissioners in Jonglei State". PaanLuel Wël. Bor, South Sudan. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Dengajok, Jangdit (21 June 2014). "Death of the Greater Bor Vision". paanluelwel.com. PaanLuel Wë. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- Tuttle, Brendan R. (2014). Life is Prickly. Narrating history, belonging, and common place in Bor, South Sudan (PhD Dissertation). Temple University.
- National Bureau of Statistics (2013). Population Distribution by Sex by Boma, Vol. III (Report). The Republic of South Sudan, The National Bureau of Statistics. p. 35. Archived from the original on 14 November 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
Table 141: Jonglei State, Bor South County, Kolnyang Payam