Comodo Mobile Security
Comodo Mobile Security (CMS) is a mobile application provided free by the Comodo Group that protects Android devices against viruses, worms and scripts. It also features SMS and call blocking, a software and process manager, data and apps backup and data traffic monitor. The anti-theft feature allows users to recover lost or stolen devices.
This is the first security app from Comodo, specialists in Internet security, for the Android platform.
Comodo Mobile Security requires Android 2.2 and up. 
- CMS 1.2 was released in April 2012.
CMS 2.4 was released in January 2014. Major enhancements for CMS 2.4 include:
- Cloud antivirus scans. CMS now scans for malware using both local and cloud-based detection engines.
- Support for Android KitKat® (4.4).
- Added language support for Arabic, Bulgarian, Greek, English, Spanish, Farsi, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Chinese.
- New layout and GUI design offers easier navigation, new icons and new backgrounds.
CMS 2.5 CMS 2.5 was released in June 2014.
- Tablet version: Tablets are more secure with CMS now.
- CMS now supports devices with x86 chipsets.
- Improved notification behavior, one can select to be notified on every app scan or just on any malware found
- Various other bug fixes are performed.
CMS 2.7 CMS 2.7 was released in December 2014. Changes in COMODO Mobile Security 2.7:
- Improved virus detection
- Optional password protection for application removal
- False positive feedback option
- Bug fixes
Independent test labs
On June 17, 2013, AV-TEST Labs released test results of 30 Android mobile security products conducted in May 2013 using Android 4.2.2. Comodo Mobile Security 2.0 scored 5.5 of 6 for Protection and a perfect 6 for Usability in AV-TEST's two testing categories.
In January 2015, AV-TEST Labs released test results of 30 Android Mobile Security products conducted in January 2015 using Android 5.0.1 Comodo Mobile Security 2.7 scored 5.5 of 6 for Protection and a perfect 6 for Usability in AV-TEST's two testing categories.
Softonic.com reviewed Comodo Mobile Security 1.1 in January 2012 and gave it 9 of 10 stars, a rating of Excellent.
Rosemary Hattersley of PC Advisor gave Comodo Mobile Security 1.2 3 ½ of 5 stars. She wrote “this smartphone app is a good all-rounder, offering an initial health check, plus ‘anti-theft’ tools in the guise of remote lock, wipe and device location, plus an alert if someone changes the SIM in the phone, all for free."
- "Android Comodo Mobile Security and Antivirus app available » Phone Reviews". Phonesreview.co.uk. 2012-01-23. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Download COMODO Mobile Security & Antivirus Free for Android". Softepic.com. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Comodo Mobile Security Alternatives and Similar Apps". AlternativeTo.net. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Crider, Michael (2012-01-23). "Comodo Mobile Security now available in Android Market". Android Community. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Comodo Mobile Security & Antivirus Released For Android - Combines AV, Call Blocker, Process Manager, And Privacy Protector Into One App". Androidpolice.com. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Android: COMODO Mobile Security". Technogiants.net. 2013-04-06. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Hattersley, Rosemary. "Comodo Mobile Security for Android 1.2 review". PCAdvisor.co.uk. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Top magazine PC World lauds Comodo TrustFax as best". Comodo.com. 13 January 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Adminus (24 August 2016). "COMODO Mobile Security 3.5.3500 - Softexia". Softexia.com. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "The Independent IT-Security Institute: May 2013". Av-Test. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- GmbH, AV-TEST. "AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute". AV-Test.org. Archived from the original on 2 March 2017. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Comodo Mobile Security". Softonic.com. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Comodo Mobile Security for Android 1.2 review". PC Advisor. 2013-08-20. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- Comodo Mobile Antivirus
- Comodo Antivirus for Android Source