Clifford Township, Butler County, Kansas
|• Total||41.81 sq mi (108.3 km2)|
|• Land||41.74 sq mi (108.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.18%|
|Elevation||1,417 ft (432 m)|
|• Density||6.2/sq mi (2.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0474376|
Clifford Township was organized in 1876. The township was named for John A. Clifford, a pioneer settler.
Clifford Township covers an area of 41.81 square miles (108.3 km2) and contains no incorporated settlements.
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- Clifford Cemetery (aka Pleasant Center Cemetery), located in Section 14 T23S R4E.
- Ebenezer Methodist Church Cemetery, located in Section 19 T23S R5E.
- Mooney, Vol. P. (1916). History of Butler County Kansas. Standard Publishing Company. p. 37.
- Mooney, Vol. P. (1916). History of Butler County Kansas. Standard Publishing Company. pp. 112.
- Marion County Cemetery List. Archived May 17, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Butler County Website
- Butler County Maps: Current, 1936