Chum Saeng district
|• Total||716.762 km2 (276.743 sq mi)|
|• Density||94/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (ICT)|
Chum Saeng is an old district of Nakhon Sawan. The government separated some parts of Mueang Nakhon Sawan district to establish Tambon Koei Chai. In 1903, the Interior ministry upgraded the tambon to be Phan Lan District, named after the central tambon. A few years later, the name was changed back to Koei Chai. The district office was moved to the west bank of the Nan River and renamed to Chum Saeng in 1915.
The name Chum Saeng in Thai is the name of a herb tree that look like Chaeng trees (ต้นแจง) (Maerua siamensis (Kurz) Pax.). Another possible origin of the name may date back the reign of King Taksin, when in the area was a weapons warehouse, named Khlang Saeng (คลังแสง) in Thai. 
Chum Saeng's ethnic group are Tai Dam people. At present, they live in Ban Phai Sing, Phai Sing Sub-district.
Chum Saeng during the reign of King Rama V was considered a community of Thai-Chinese and was the center of rice trade by water. Because it is the confluence of the two rivers Nan and Yom, and there is a northern railway line runs passes through. Chum Saeng has been a very active place in around 1960s–70s. Moreover in those days, it was still filled with gold shops and people prefer to use train as the main vehicle for travel, but after more road cuts as a result, water and train travel is reduced, thus making this district less important by time.
Chum Saeng is about 39 km (24 mi) from Mueang Nakhon Sawan.
The district is divided into 12 sub-districts (tambons), which are further subdivided into 131 villages (mubans). Chum Saeng is a town (thesaban mueang) covering tambon Chum Saeng. Thap Krit is a township (thesaban tambon) covering parts of the same-named tambon. There are a further 11 tambon administrative organizations (TAO).
|12.||Thap Krit Tai||ทับกฤชใต้||8||3,262|
Asian palmyra palm (Borassus flabellifer L.) is an important industrial crop of the district. Approximately 24,000 palm trees are planted throughout the area, some of which are hundreds of years old.
There is also a minibus service from Mo Chit 2 Station in Bangkok to Chum Saeng. The minibus terminal is behind the Chum Saeng railway station near Chum Saeng Old Market.
At present, Chum Saeng is still able to maintain the status of the old city like the past. Therefore suitable for cultural tourism there are many interesting places like Chum Saeng Old Market, which is over 100 years old, Chum Saeng Railway Station, the classical railway station and the last stop of Nakhon Sawan before entering Phichit, Wat Koei Chai Neua temple, King Taksin Statue rim Nan River, Hiran Narumit Bridge, Chao Pho-Chao Mae Chum Saeng Shrine etc. 
Chum Saeng also was the backdrop for 2019's popular TV drama, Channel 3's Krong Kam, resulting in the district becoming better known and a tourist attraction for the drama's fans and general public.
- "เยือน "ชุมแสง" ย้อนอดีตชุมชนเก่าริมน้ำน่านอันรุ่งเรือง ตามรอย "นางย้อย" แห่งกรงกรรม" [Visiting "Chum Saeng", dating back to the old community along the Nan River, in the path of "Nang Yoi" of Krong Kam]. ASTV Manager (in Thai). 2019-03-14. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "เยือนถิ่น "นางย้อย" รู้จัก "อำเภอชุมแสง" ในอดีต" [Visit the place of "Nang Yoi" get to know "Chum Saeng District"]. Ch3 (in Thai).
- ""ชุมแสง" ในมิติแห่ง..กรงกรรม" ["Chum Saeng" in dimension of..Kong Kam]. Thai Rath (in Thai). 2019-04-27.
- "รายการ Checkin ถิ่นสยาม ตอน นครสวรรค์ – "ชุมแสง" ย้อนอดีตชุมชนค้าข้าว และ ไอ้ด่างเกยไชย" [Siam Checkin program ep Nakhon Sawan – “Chum Saeng” retracing old rice trade community and Ai Daang Koei Chai]. Khao Sod (in Thai). 2016-06-15.
- Zoom (2019-05-02). "ขอบคุณละคร "กรงกรรม" ทำให้ "ชุมแสง" ดังสนั่น" [Thank to the drama "Krong Kam" making "Chum Saeng" top hit]. Thai Rath (in Thai). Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- amphoe.com (Thai)