This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2021)
|• MP||Dr. G. Ranjith Reddy (Chevella)|
|• MLA||Kale Yadaiah (Chevella)|
|• Total||15 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|623 m (2,044 ft)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,500/sq mi)|
|Languages Telugu Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 07|
|STD Code||+91- 08417|
|Civic agency||Grama panchayat|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chevella|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chevella|
|Police commissioner||P.Ravinder Reddy, ACP, Chevella, Cyberabad Metropolitan Police|
Chevella is a town, mandal and suburb of Hyderabad in Ranga Reddy district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the headquarters of surrounding villages with many government establishments like Judicial court, Revenue Division Office, Acp office under Cyberabad Metropolitan Police. It is also an educational hub with many schools, junior colleges, engineering colleges, business schools etc. There are many hospitals located along with a medical college, the Dr. Patnam Reddy Institute of Medical Sciences. It has become a part of Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority.
Chevella is a town in Chevella mandal of Rangareddy district in Telangana. Per the Census 2011, there are 1,559 families residing in the town. The population of is 7,031, of which 3,553 are males and 3,478 are females thus the average sex ratio of is 979. The population of children of under age 7 is 894, which is 13% of the total population. There are 463 male children and 431 female children under age 7, thus the child sex ratio is 931, which is less than average sex ratio (979). The literacy rate is 72.5%, thus Chevella has a higher literacy rate than the 66.8% of Rangareddy district. The male literacy rate is 81.72% and the female literacy rate is 63.08%.
Chevella gram panchayat is the local self-government of the village. The panchayat is divided into wards and each ward is represented by an elected ward member. The ward members are headed by a Sarpanch.
Chevella Revenue Division
Chevella revenue division is an administrative division in the Rangareddy district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is one of the 5 revenue divisions in the district with 4 mandals under its administration. Chevella serves as the headquarters of the division.
The Revenue Division presently comprises the following Mandals
TSRTC runs buses from Hyderabad City, they are
- Route No. : 288 & 593 Mehidipatnam to Moinabad-Chevella.
The Hyderabad–Kodangal is the new National highway with a length of 133 km (83 mi), passes through Chevella.
The nearest railway stations are Shankarpalli railway station which is about 20 km (12 mi) away, Secunderabad (about 20 km (12 mi) away) and Shadnagar Station, which is around 33 km (21 mi) away and Vikarabad Railway junction which is 27 km (17 mi) away.
The nearest air transport facility is Hyderabad International Airport, which is 28 km from Chevella.
The NH-44 link road passes through the town.
About 25 km (16 mi) away from Chevella there is an outer ring road which connects to Shamshabad airport - Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, Gachibowli, and Medchal.
Chevella Mandal falls under the jurisdiction of Osmania University. The Mandal has many government and private junior, undergraduate and graduate colleges, engineering colleges, and a private medical college.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by the government schools such as Mandal Parishad, Mandal Parishad upper primary and Zilla Parishad High Schools and private high schools.
Bathukamma and Lashkar Bonalu are states official festivals besides these Dussehra, Diwali, Holi, Sri Ramanavami, Shivaratri, Ugadi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Bakrid, Ramzan are the major festivals celebrated in Chevella Mandal.
The place is suitable for harvesting carrots (10-15 truckloads of carrots are transported to Hyderabad every day). Since Chevella is close to the city, farmers grow vegetables and flowers. In the recent years, the town has been hub to a lot of houses where flowers are grown. In addition, farmers grow other crops including tomato, flowers and vegetables, as well as rice, jower, cotton, and corn.
- "redirect to /world/IN/02/Chevella.html". www.fallingrain.com. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Rangareddy district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Government of Telangana. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 October 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2017.
- Ltd., Dark Horse Technologies Pvt. "Cyberabad Metropolitan Police". www.cyberabadpolice.gov.in. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- ":: Welcome to Patnam Reddy Institute of Medical Sciences ::". pmrims.com. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Social Science. Vk Publications. p. 117. ISBN 9788179732144.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 11. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Map of Ranga Reddy". New districts formation portal. Archived from the original on 8 October 2016. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Member's Report". Telangana Legislature Assembly. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Correspondent, Special. "1,355 km. of roads to become NH". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 March 2017.